AT Chrono Service Update

Discussion in 'Omega Watches' started by SLRdude, Dec 18, 2012.

1. SLRdude

SLRdude

Silver Member
    As you might remember, my AT Chrono was in desperate need of service. Desperate enough that it stopped working about two years ago. (I am almost certain I had something to do with that though)

With me being... me, and having a severe dislike towards going to the post office for any reason, I kept on putting off the service. The fact that I always chose to get a new watch every time I had the funds instead of servicing this one did not help either.

Anyway, with the recent opening of the Omega Boutique in Dallas, I no longer had the excuse of hating shipping internationally and dealing with all the customs forms.

I dropped a watch off a couple of weeks ago and yesterday they called me with an estimate. :thumbsup:

The complete overhaul of the watch will run USD 642 and it will carry a two years factory warranty.
    A new crystal would be 250 (do not need one, declined) and a new dial would be 350. I do not need that either so I declined that as well.

I am now anxiously waiting to get it back on my wrist after over two years of absence. I believe March would be three years since it stopped running.

It really will feel like I just bought a brand new watch.

You all know how it looks like but here is a pic of it anyway! :banme: :lol:

[​IMG]
  2. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    Alright Chip. You'll have a "brand" new watch when you get it back. Did they indicate how long it would be before you got it back?

John
  3. TIMEBNDIT

TIMEBNDIT

Bronze Member
    After 3 years it will be almost like having a NEW watch, so great for you...
  4. SLRdude

SLRdude

Silver Member
    John,

They said around 4 weeks once the estimate is approved.

That's great for me since that means I'll get it back at the end of January, which means my AMEX bill will be due in March. Plenty of time to set the cash aside or use income tax to pay for it.
  5. SLRdude

SLRdude

Silver Member
    Absolutely! I am really excited.

It was also my first brand new, from AD, watch purchase. First time I got to peel off all the stickers myself. :lol:

I did buy a new watch prior to that, an Omega Seamaster Professional Titanium (my first $$$ watch), but I got that from worldofwatches.com. I was an idiot back then and bought a watch from a gray market that filed off she serial numbers off the case AND movement. :banghead:

The funny part is that I was perfectly happy with my gray market Seamaster. Until I found the damn watch forums back in 2003 and learned that a watch with serial numbers filed off is no good. :banghead:

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
  6. TIMEBNDIT

TIMEBNDIT

Bronze Member
    You"re correct about the watch forums, I was happy with 3 or 4 watches till I found the forums and damn that was a lot of watches ago and I still want more...lol
  7. SLRdude

SLRdude

Silver Member
    I agree 100%.
  8. marcus f

marcus f

Premium Member
    Great news Chip, stunning watch. Look forward to some wrist shots :thumbsup:
  9. SLRdude

SLRdude

Silver Member
    Here are some I took the day I dropped off the watch. The dial is lacquer black, almost looks like a pool of oil. The blue is caused by the AR coating on the inside of the crystal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe this is the LAST wrist shot I took of it before I either broke it or broke by itself.

[​IMG]
  10. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I can't wait till that's back on your wrist, buddy! Such a nice looking Omega! :thumbsup:
  11. marcus f

marcus f

Premium Member
    very nice :thumbsup:
  12. Erwin

Erwin

Silver Member
    I can't believe you let that beauty sit unused for 2 years!:banghead: Glad you got knocked back into your senses!:banghead::thumbsup:
    Can't wait to see that watch back in action!:cheers:
  13. KZ1000

KZ1000

Silver Member
    No kidding! Glad it will be functioning again and will be a good contender to bump that Breitling off your wrist :thumbsup: I've always liked that AT Chrono! Very good choice :rocker:
  14. SLRdude

SLRdude

Silver Member
    Hey now... Don't be a Breitling hater lol!