Flipping Thoughts!

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by SPACE-DWELLER, Mar 25, 2012.

?

PAM 233 / Explorer II Trade

1. Go for the PAM 233

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Keep the Explorer II

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. advocatia

advocatia

Bronze Member
    Keep the Daytona. By the way, the GMT function on the 233 is kinda weak IMHO.
    Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

372 372 372 372 372 372 (just sayin') :)
  2. advocatia

advocatia

Bronze Member
    368 is a destro, no?
  3. leopardprey

leopardprey

Silver Member
    Yes.

Or get the new 8 day Radiomir 346, when it shows up in about 6 months at the ADs.

Now, another 8 days, you can look for: the 190. Has JLC 8 day movement inside.
  4. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    Putting the difference in cost aside, I think the 42mm Exp II is a MUCH better looking watch. I wouldn't even consider it just on looks. Add in the price difference and I wouldn't do it on a cold day in he!!. I agree with Pete that you'd be flipping it in a month. I've heard you say over and over that the Exp II is the most comfortable Rolex (perhaps watch) you've ever owned and I am surprised you are even considering it. But then again, you are the king of Rolex Recycling! :banghead:
  5. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    I'm not gonna flip the Daytona... it's simply become TOO expensive to buy again, should I regret having parted with it. :surrender:

Anyway, I have just come home from a meeting with the seller, Simon, who has also registered here now.

Simon is a GREAT guy! Very friendly! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The PAM 233 is in pretty good nick but does show some signs of wear as one would expect from a 4 year old watch... I have tried to capture it in the pics that he allowed me to take and post here for your review:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Which reminds me that maybe I should get that "CEO Of Rolex Recycling" badge back in my signature! :read: :lol:

Not that I've decided anything, yet, but I kinda miss it being there! :dummy:

So it's back on now ↓ ↓ ↓
  7. leopardprey

leopardprey

Silver Member
    ONe thing that I REALLY LIKED about the 233, was the domed crystal. Panerai did a good job on the design of the crystal for the 233. Ditch the Daytona, get the 233.

As for the dings and wear, well to me that just adds even more to the character. Shows it has actually been worn, and if movement is still running well, with it ebing worn that much, then you should be good to go hopefully.

The 233 did wear very comfortable on my wrist.

But, I personally are getting back into more simple, no date or other function movements and dials. Daytona is way too small for you Bo. Flip, buy the 233. If you do not like, then sell the 233 down the road. Keep the Explorer II. I think you would miss it.
  8. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    Have you factored in the cost of the upcoming service? It is 4 years old after all. BTW - if you flip it in a few months, I'll be fist in line to say "I told you so!" :rofl:
  9. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Bo, I predict a series of rather expensive flips in your future. :doh:
  10. leopardprey

leopardprey

Silver Member
    I would flip the Daytona and get a Panerai 112 and an Omega Speedmaster Prof (like Jeff, Chip, and Clyde have), and also keep the Explorer. That would be THE collection. A Panerai Base, a Speedy, and a ROlex Explorer II. Land, Sea, and Air exploration right there.
  11. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    Bo after looking at the pictures closer, you would not be happy with that watch. I've seen you flip for a single tiny nick before and that one is not pristine, which is the only condition I've seen you wear. It's a no deal :nono:
  12. Cmaster03

Cmaster03

Silver Member
    Yep, Roger is right. We KNOW you are way too fussy to be really happy with a watch with that much character. Chad? No problem? Me? Yep, again...no problem.

Bo? NEVER! :lol:

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with being fussy (I've always said I want to buy a used watch from you because I know it will be pristine!) but you have to be honest about this with yourself...when this much money is at stake.
  13. Vincent65

Vincent65

Silver Member
    Why flip what you've repeatedly stated is Rolex's best ever sports-watch? You should keep the ExpII, imho, Bo :thumbsup:
  14. pawnshopkiller

pawnshopkiller

Premium Member
    ALRIGHT Bo! It is always exciting to consider a watch. The Poll is Split 50/50. Thats a tough one. You sure do have quite some bargaining power with that Explorer,
  15. pawnshopkiller

pawnshopkiller

Premium Member
    I think a WTT would turn one up in better shape.
  16. pawnshopkiller

pawnshopkiller

Premium Member
    Although I don't see any wear from those pics to the top of the case or lugs. I do see those scratches to the bottom of the lugs. THat would indicate probable addition wear to the watch not pictured.
  17. Kiwi

Kiwi

Premium Member

Could not have said it better, as a perfectionist it would give You sleepless nights all those dings and scratches.

i'm surprised You wanna flip the Exp II so soon, but You gotta do what You feel happy with:thumbsup:
  18. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    So?????? Where are you with your thinking on this flip? Leaning more towards yes or no? :thinking:
  19. Four Thirds

Four Thirds

Silver Member
    My opinion would be on the Pam 233.

since you already have a Daytona, and like my wife always tells me "why do you want watches that look all the same":crazy:
  20. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    Stop egging him on Chad!!! Lol
    Flipping is like cigarettes Bo.

The cravings will recede in a day or two.
    Stay strong!

Sent from my Droid