Glad to see 2012 go . . .

Discussion in 'Omega Watches' started by jmsrolls, Dec 31, 2012.

1. jmsrolls

jmsrolls

Premium Member
    Back in March, my urologist insisted on a totally unnecessary prostate biopsy which resulted in an e. coli infection requiring two hospitalizations and weeks of home infusions. Then in June, I suffered a Type VI tibial plateau fracture of my right leg - again, two hospitalizations followed by extensive rehab. Then this month, my wife spent 18 days in the hospital near death without a definite diagnosis.

And for the first time in ten years, no Omegas (new or pre-owned) added to the collection.

So 2012 was not a good year.

But I'm walking again, my wife is home and improving each day, and this Thursday the new Omega arrives.

Indications are that 2013 will be better at our house.

I pray it will be better at yours also.
  2. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    I concur! Our house dealt with too much this year too. Ready to move on to a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2013. :thumbsup:

Sent from my Android - because Carrier Pigeons are slow!
  3. TIMEBNDIT

TIMEBNDIT

Bronze Member
    Sorry to hear about your illnesses, glad to hear things are improving.......
    yes, i agree 2012 has been a terrible year, my business has had the worst year ever, we are one step or two from going under, health has been poor, my partner lost his home. But, we are alive and looking forward to a better year.
    I sincerely wish all a Happy and Prosperous New Year and may all be Healthy and HAPPY
    AND.............MAY EVERYONE GET ALL THE NEW WATCHES THEY WANT

so....GOD BLESS

and

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
  4. Carl

Carl

Premium Member
    I sincerely hope that 2013 sees you Healthy (most importantly), Happy and Prosperous. It really is true that health issues can take much pleasure out of even the good things in life.

Seems that 2012 was a difficult year for many. And I have heard this from many people this past week. Had some very trying times myself, and I kept going by having a positive attitude. A line by Meryl Streep from a movie I saw this past year really helped me a lot: "You have to learn to love what you have, instead of yearning for something that you do not or cannot have." In all honesty, there is not much I yearn for that I cannot do without, but learning to appreciate the life that I do have, and the wonderful people I have around me has helped me immeasurably.

:cheers: To a Healthy, Happy & Prosperous 2013 for all of us (a new watch wouldn't hurt either :rocker:)

Carl
  5. TIMEBNDIT

TIMEBNDIT

Bronze Member
    well said