Great thread about Seamaster AT8500 38.5mm with new blue dial

Discussion in 'Omega Watches' started by Carl, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Carl

Carl

Premium Member
    This is the watch I keep looking at and trying on. Hopefully sooner than later, it will be my next watch.

[​IMG]

Following is a link to the first pics I have seen posted "in the wild", with some good wrist shots. Excellent wrist shot on the third page, gives a good idea of the fit of the 38.5mm size on the wrist:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/hold-my-new-skyfall-763961-3.html#post5568315

Have a great weekend!

Cheers :cheers:
    Carl
  2. SLRdude

SLRdude

Silver Member
    I too think that's a good size for a dressier watch. A tad bigger than the DJ is a perfect size for most people's wrist I think.
  3. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    I like that a lot. Omega has been hitting some home runs (same for Tudor) of late. :thumbsup:
  4. Carl

Carl

Premium Member
    I must say that when I had it on my wrist, I really thought it was the ideal size. And I must admit, while I am into the smaller watches, that size really appealed to me more than the 36.25mm of my Seamaster. And the AT I had at 41.5mm was just too big for me.
    BTW, Chip, is the Boutique opened yet in Dallas?

Cheers,
    Carl
  5. Carl

Carl

Premium Member
    I really need to get that watch! I have been in there trying it on now at least 4 times, since I saw it a couple of weeks ago.

They have a wonderful selection of womens' ATs as well. I think of Laurie every time I see those. With that wonderful MOP diamond dial! Hope that she is getting lots and lots of pleasure out of it.

Carl
  6. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    She loves it and wears it everyday for work. :love: Her Tag Aquaracer is now her weekend beater and ever since I showed her a picture of the plastic gears inside her quartz Tag she now calls it her "plastic watch". I think I've created a monster! :rofl:
  7. KZ1000

KZ1000

Silver Member
    That is a beauty, I like it!:thumbsup:
  8. KatGirl

KatGirl

Premium Member
    Hey guys, if I weren't so enamored of my 38.5mm Opaline silver AT 8500, I'd seriously consider the blue. For me, the silver is a little girlier, for lack of a better word, and suits me well. As for diamond dials, I prefer my diamonds on my fingers, around my neck, and in my ears. Also, most ladies watches are too small for my taste, as is evident by my collection. 38.5 mm is optimum for the new AT, given the inner chapter ring, teak planking effect, and white gold hour markers and date surround. There's a lot going on in that dial, which helps small it down a bit. I'm a BIG fan....
  9. Carl

Carl

Premium Member
    The 38.5mm size is great, I would say, for just about anyone. The opaline dial is beautiful, and I have seen it on guys as well.
    I tend to think of a watch as the ultimate form of jewellery, and as such think it's fine to have some diamonds on the dial, as long as they are not over done. And diamonds are not just for girls. I fell in love with a Rolex Datejust a couple of years ago, with a rhodium dial and diamond markers. Never did get it, though, just too many other preferences at the time.

Carl
  10. Carl

Carl

Premium Member
    Just wanted to share this video with you guys. Posted by a guy on another forum, his new AT8500 midsize with the blue dial. This video shows off the watch better than most pics I have seen:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/i-caved-skyfall-780726.html

Never seen a new model with such instant success. It seems that most days I visit one or the other of the Omega forums, there is a member who has just bought this watch. It will be quite a while before I will be one of those people, but I think this model is worth waiting for.

Carl
  11. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    The Seamaster just drips with class. :thumbsup:

John