Hyunday Genesis R-Spec

Discussion in 'Combustion Chamber' started by SLRdude, Jan 17, 2013.

1. SLRdude

SLRdude

Silver Member
    I love buying cars too. Not a good love to have lol.

Sent from Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
  2. Korean Cowboy

Korean Cowboy

If you drive it and like it, that's all that really matters.

In regards to purchasing a pre-owned one versus a new one, the pre-owned market is still overinflated (IMHO), because people haven't been purchasing new cars up until recently...plus, quality pre-owned ones are hard to come by. That's why you'll see cars with over 100K miles sitting on the pre-owned section of a dealership. Normally, those cars would go to the auction...it's crazy to see cars that old on the lots (I've seen cars with 200K miles on the lot as well).

If I understand your numbers correctly, the '13 is a grand more than the programme car/CPO car...you might as well get the new car. It'll come with all of the new car warranty. That being said, I am a big fan of CPO cars, but in some cases, it doesn't make much sense.

How long do you plan on keeping this car?
  3. Korean Cowboy

Korean Cowboy

If you're buying any CPO, go over the programme with a fine-tooth comb, as not all programmes are alike. I've heard some horror stories about BMW's CPO programme, and whenever I worked for them, their attitude towards warranty claims didn't set the world on fire. LOL