I need all the help I can get, PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Omega Watches' started by pabs, Dec 10, 2012.

1. pabs

pabs

Bronze Member
    I am actually, quote on quote what you call a Watch aficionado, have a few nice watches and recently I purchase a BEAUTIFUL U-Boat U-42 that I'm super happy with, the reason why I need help it's because the opportunity to get my hands on a very nice Planet Ocean 45.5mm brand new(well 3months old)has come to me, (friend of my dad) to tell you the truth I was not looking for a watch especially sense I just spend so much on the U-Boat, but some peoples misfortune can be and opportunity for me, the watch its really nice and if I don't keep it I guess I can turn a profit on it, but to be onest I will more then likely keep it, I'm not in the business of buying and selling watches, I'm sure you guys are experts on this watch, so if anyone can give me some TRUE feedback it would be very much appreciated, i obviously don't need help with the looks,price or authenticity of the watch, but I need all the help I can get on the movements quality and durability of the watch, thanks guys.

Size: Men's Grand
    Case: Stainless Steel
    Band: Stainless Steel
    Buckle: double push button deployant
    Dial: black dial
    luminous broad arrow hands
    silver / luminous markers
    Bezel: unidirectional rotating diver bezel
    Features: display back, Co-Axial escapement, screw-down crown, helium escape valve
    Crystal: sapphire
    Water Resistance: 600 meters
    Movement: automatic Chronometer
    Functions: date
    Calibre: Omega 8500
    Width: 45.5 mm
    Height: 51.5 mm
    Thickness: 17 mm

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. KatGirl

KatGirl

Premium Member
    If the price is right, jump on it. The 8500, in the latest version of the Planet Ocean, is an all in house movement, based on Omega's coaxial escapement. It represents the latest advancement in horology, of ANY watch company. It is a thing of beauty, and extremely accurate. The overall quality (fit and finish) of the PO is excellent. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have any difficulty flipping it. It is a very heavy watch, but if you wear a U-Boat, that shouldn't be a problem for you. Go for it, and , of course, we'll want to see pics. Good luck.
  3. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    I agree that the 8500 in house movement is highly regarded. No worries on the movement.
  4. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    I'm with Kat and Roger - you'll be fine with the 8500 movement. :smile:

John
  5. marcus f

marcus f

Premium Member
    Go for it
  6. BossHog

BossHog

Silver Member
    If you have the extra coin, I'd snag it. You always have the option of flipping it. Best of luck!
  7. ulackfocus

ulackfocus

Ooooh, shiny! I want it!
    Wow, if you were talking instead of typing you'd have passed out from oxygen deprivation from that run-on sentence! :crazy::rofl:

Okay, first off if you can get it and it's authentic DO IT. I've only seen one complaint about a caliber 8500 in the time it's been out. That's a miracle on the internet.

Second, I have one correction. This:

is supposed to be "quote unquote" as if the next statement you make is a quote by somebody else and if it were in type it would be surrounded by quotation marks.

Lastly, I also have a bone to pick about the 8500 being in-house. Here's an excerpt from an article a few years back:

"In an admirable show of honesty, Mr. Monachon also cautioned us that although the calibre 8500/8501 are completely designed and developed within OMEGA Granges, it is dangerous to call the movement completely in-house manufactured. Without the help and assistant of Comadur, Nivarox, ETA and Frederick Piguet - all within the Swatch Group, the success of this calibre and the Deville Hour Vision model would not have been possible. The objective is to manufacture the complete movement and watch within OMEGA premises but at the moment, only assembly is done within the OMEGA compound."

Now go get that watch! :thumbsup:
  8. ulackfocus

ulackfocus

Ooooh, shiny! I want it!
    Wow, if you were talking instead of typing you'd have passed out from oxygen deprivation from that run-on sentence! :crazy::rofl:

Okay, first off if you can get it and it's authentic DO IT. I've only seen one complaint about a caliber 8500 in the time it's been out. That's a miracle on the internet.

Second, I have one correction. This:

is supposed to be "quote unquote" as if the next statement you make is a quote by somebody else and if it were in type it would be surrounded by quotation marks.

Lastly, I also have a bone to pick about the 8500 being in-house. Here's an excerpt from an article a few years back:

"In an admirable show of honesty, Mr. Monachon also cautioned us that although the calibre 8500/8501 are completely designed and developed within OMEGA Granges, it is dangerous to call the movement completely in-house manufactured. Without the help and assistant of Comadur, Nivarox, ETA and Frederick Piguet - all within the Swatch Group, the success of this calibre and the Deville Hour Vision model would not have been possible. The objective is to manufacture the complete movement and watch within OMEGA premises but at the moment, only assembly is done within the OMEGA compound."

Now go get that watch! :thumbsup: