I put a Panerai on hold!

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by colemanitis, May 21, 2010.

1. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I've been stressing a little bit during the past 24 hours. I decided to sell my PAM 221 because I was able to make a nice proft on it. After I agreed to let it go, I didn't feel so good about it. I really like the PAM 221. I then bagan looking at the Panerai Submersibles, but didn't feel 100% about those as well, although they are very cool! :thumbsup:

This afternoon I came across a PAM 299 (K-series) being sold by a reputable seller on TZ. The PAM 299 is very similar to the PAM 221, except that it's all brushed stainless steel, instead of Titanium, w/ a polished bezel. It has the updated bracelet, which I don't like as much as the older style, but I'm very psyched that I'll still have an OEM bracelet. Since it's a K-series, it has the quick release feature that allows for fast/simple strap changes. I love that!! :drool: The best part is that I'm getting it for $750 less than I sold my PAM 221 for, so I'll have some extra money for a few straps!

The money for my PAM 221 just arrived via bank wire, so I'll be paying for it shortly. I feel all better now! :thumbsup:

Here's a crappy pic of the PAM 299 I'm getting.

[​IMG]
  2. spuds

spuds

Bronze Member
    Sounds like you're a happy bunny Jeff mate & while I (respectfully! :surrender:) don't "get" the PAN thing I'll be the first to admit that I've never even tried one on!!
    I do like the idea of the "quick release" feature though so maybe they're worth looking at in the flesh after all.
    :cheers:
  3. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    You should definitely take a look at them. :thumbsup:
  4. Four Thirds

Four Thirds

Silver Member
    I agree with Jeff, it's a great watch with lots of possibilities in straps or bracelet.

I came very close to getting one just because of the options that I had with the straps.

the other plus that I like about it is they're not all over the place this year I think I spotted two Pam's in the wild one of them was at the AD the salesperson had one on.
  5. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I've only spotted a few. In Las Vegas, Hollywood, and one in the Dallas airport. I think those are the only 3 I've ever spotted.
  6. deadeye

deadeye

Silver Member
    You won't sleep till its on your wrist. Did you keep your new strap or did it go with your other watch?
  7. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Nooooooo. The strap stays here! :thumbsup:
  8. Cmaster03

Cmaster03

Silver Member
    Cool! :cool: Sounds like you got a new toy and some free money to go with it. That's always good. :) :thumbsup:

Enjoy!
  9. Robb

Robb

Premium Member
    Big congrats!!!!!
  10. esm

esm

Silver Member
    congrats Jeff!
    you didnt muck around did you?!?
  11. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I never do. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  12. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    Jeff.......................welcome to the world of habitual flippers.:thumbsup:
  13. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Pete! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  14. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    Alright Jeff. Always good to make a profit to have a little left over for more accessories. Congrats. :cheers:

John
  15. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    Let's see,,,,I think this has something to do with keeping the universe in balance.....Bo hasn't flipped lately, so Jeff must have to fill that void! :rofl:

Congrats on the new PAM Jeff. :thumbsup: Think you'll keep it long enough to let the box gather dust? :thinking:
  16. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    Not a bad move Jeff. The SS version will hold up a LOT better to wear and tear than the Titanium model.
  17. leopardprey

leopardprey

Silver Member
    I personally think you will find the new bracelet more comfy. At least that is my opinion after trying that model on at an AD. And the all SS version will be substantially heavier than the 221, and that could be either a good or bad thing depending on what you like. Some like a heavier watch, others a light weight one. With a strap on it though, it will be no different than the previous Luminor Marina autos you have owned.
  18. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    You're right, Chad, it'll be heavier... I haven't thought of that. I probably won't be wearing it on the bracelet much... it'll be on a strap 95% of the time. :cheers:
  19. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    That's what I've heard. Titanium gets a patina over time, which isn't a bad thing, I suppose. The SS will be much easier to maintain and refinish when needed, so that's good. Personally, I really like the darker look of Titanium, but SS will do! :thumbsup:
  20. lefty

lefty

Bronze Member
    Congrats Jeff, a beauty and a good business proposition at the same time.