I tried one Panerai, but just didn't...

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by Slugo, May 24, 2010.

1. Slugo

Slugo

Bronze Member
    care for it all that much. Bought it about 12 years ago when the Richemont Group reintroduced the original designs. Here's my full size white dial Luminor Marina. Black dials were/are too common IMHO...

[​IMG]
  2. deadeye

deadeye

Silver Member
    It looks like you have some great looking watches! The white dial's are a different look but there's nothing wrong with that. Keep the posts coming, I can't wait to see whats next.
  3. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Beautiful PAM! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  4. Slugo

Slugo

Bronze Member
    a little background info. I used to have a sideline Rolex business back a few years ago. I had a partner and we went by JGwatches. We mostly bought and sold on TZ. We also used to run weekly ads in our local newspaper, "Buying Rolex watches - cash paid". You can't believe how many Rollies we bought at dirt cheap prices. Sold allot and kept allot over the years. Now, I just have a small collection of watches. Anyway, it was fun while it lasted, then prices skyrocketed! We called her quits when SS DJ's were selling for $4K...
  5. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Awesome looking PAM, Mike! I dig that white dial! :worship: :rocker:

Brilliant background in the watch business you have! :thumbsup:
  6. Slugo

Slugo

Bronze Member
    it was allot of fun while it lasted. Went on allot of wild goose chases which turned up junk allot of the time. I do remember the best Rolex buy I made though. Guy was living in an old trailer and called me after reading our ad. He had an older all stainless DJ in around 75% condition, and it had the original box and papers. He said he wanted $200 bucks and not a penny less. So, I got it for $200 bucks. Had Rolex clean and tune it for $300 and shot it out the door to a new owner for $2100 even! We usually only made a few hundred dollars a watch, except for stainless Daytonas. Used to buy them new for $6 grand and sell 'em for $9-10K. LOL the whole way to the bank!!!