let their parents live with them

Discussion in 'Pocket Watches' started by chitianshi520, Aug 28, 2018.

1. chitianshi520

chitianshi520

TKF Newbie
    HO CHI MINH CITY Fenty Puma Rihanna Leadcat Fur Slides Ciabatte Grigie In Offerta , Oct. 23 (Xinhua) -- With improved living conditions brought about by Vietnam's steady economic growth, more and more residents are slowly discarding parts of their traditional family values.

One of these is for children to let their parents live with them when they grow old to preserve family cohesiveness.

The Vietnamese often follow the dictum "when drinking water, think about the source," or "when eating the fruit, think about the grower."

This in essence stipulates that it is the responsibility of the children to take care of their parents when they grow old.

Older parents used to live with the family of either their sons or daughters.

But now there are more senior citizens who prefer to live in nursing homes or care centers for the aged.

Some of these senior citizens have complained that they are not being treated well by sons and daughters. Usually both husband and wife work so that the parents are left at home to fend for themselves.

More Vietnamese couple, especially if both are working, also prefers to have their parents live in nursing homes.

The move has raised some mixed reactions from society and the general public. Supporters argued that seen from a positive perspective Fenty Puma Rihanna Leadcat Fur Slides Ciabatte Nere Saldi , when living in the nursing home, the senior citizens often enjoy a better medical care than staying with children.

Usually, the aging parents are left alone in homes with nobody attending to their needs, which is dangerous especially if the parents are sick.

Le Dinh Lam, a 87-year-old resident in Hanoi, told Xinhua that he has five children including two sons. His wife and the eldest daughter died long ago, while the other four children are now in their sixties and fifties Saldi Fenty Puma Rihanna Pelle Creepers Tutte Bianche , and all had retired.

"I tried to live with each of my children's family for a period of time, but they are not well enough to take care of me. My grandchildren are also busy with their work. I felt so lonely at home and decided to live in this center," Lam said.

Lam said he is enjoying his stay at Phu Dong Seniors' Care Center, which is not far from his house in the downtown of Hanoi. The environment is quiet and clean, the nurses are friendly, and they take good care of him and other old people.

"I have many buddies here. We kill the time by playing chess, reading books Italia Fenty Puma Rihanna Pelle Creepers Tutte Nere , watching television and other activities. My children come to visit me every weekend or during holidays," Lam said.

However, not so many old people could afford living in the nursing homes, like Lam, because the fee is rather high. On the average, it would cost one senior from six to eight million VND ( 300 to 400 U.S. dollars) per month, depending on their health condition.

This is less than the average pension of around three million VND that a retired state employee would receive monthly.

Vu Minh Luong Scontate Fenty Puma Rihanna Pelle Creepers Bianche Oro , director of the Phu Dong Seniors' Care Center, said that the center, located in an area of 10,000 square meters, can accommodate some 100 seniors at any given time. Some 40 nurses and other staff attend to the needs of the elderly inhabitants of the center.

"I know very well the traditional thinking and practice of the Vietnamese people who used to take care of their old parents by themselves at home. However, when the center was established, and the number of registered old people has increased Online Fenty Puma Rihanna Suede Creepers Nere Marrone , I believe this model of caring for old people would become more popular in Vietnam," Luong said.

Nguyen Tuan Ngoc, Director of the Thien Duc Aged Care Center in Hanoi, said it still would be best for old people to live with their children at home but only if the children have enough time and skills to take care of their aging parents.

"We open this care center for the old people not because we encourage children to bring their old parents to live here but we want the elderly citizens to enjoy our amenities and medical care now that they are old," Ngoc said.

Established in 2001, Thien Duc center now has two branches, with 250 beds available. There are always around 190 senior people living in their two branches.

According to psychologist Dr. Nguyen Kim Quy In Offerta Fenty Puma Rihanna Suede Creepers Tutte Nere , the fact that children now let their old parents live in nursing homes is a natural and inevitable trend in an advanced society.

Statistics from the Ministry of Health (MoH) show that Vietnam has four hospitals with facilities in providing medical care to elderly citizens. Of the country's total 58 provinces and five cities (HCM City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Hai Phong and Can Tho), 46 have set up geriatric wards. An estimated two million senior Vietnamese citizens have received periodic check-ups from these hospitals.

At the end of 2011, Vietnam had 7.6 million 60-plus seniors, accounting for 8.74 percent of the country's population. By 2020 Italia Fenty Puma Rihanna Suede Creepers Grigie Marrone , the figure is estimated to rise to 11.2 million and account for 11. 63 percent of the population, according to the country's General Statistics Office.

BEIJING, July 28 (Xinhua) -- BMW will recall 1,559 imported vehicles in China starting Friday to fix problems with the rear reflectors.

The recall involves BMW 5 series vehicles manufactured between Jan. 30, 2013 and June 29, 2013, according to the General Administration of Quality Supervision Offerta Fenty Puma Rihanna Suede Creepers Verde Rosse , Inspection and Quarantine.

The reflectors may not reflect enough light in the dark, making them hard to see and leading to potential safety hazards.

BMW suggested drivers park their cars under lights at night and contact car dealers as soon as possible.

The company will replace the defective reflectors free of charge.

Last month, BMW announced it would recall more than 86,000 imported X5 and X6 vehicles in China due to a problem with the drive shaft.

Global and Chinese automakers recalled 4.49 million defective vehicles in the first five months of this year, compared with 11.34 million in all of 2016.

To revive China, Xi holds high banner. Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholsale Jerseys China Jerseys Free Shipping Soccer Jerseys China New NBA Jerseys Free Shipping Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Authentic NBA Jerseys Online Authentic Soccer Jerseys Cheap