Maybe I really am getting wiser!

Discussion in 'Omega Watches' started by Carl, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Carl

Carl

Premium Member
    How many of you have had a similar experience?

Yesterday morning (Saturday), I got up with great enthusiasm thinking about my beautiful Seamaster 300M with ceramic dial, that has not had any real wrist time for months. Although it's spotless, I gave it a good polishing with a Sunshine Cloth, then a Veraet wash. All set to go!

Put it on, and went down the road for breakfast. Glanced at it on my wrist many times, and admired it. After breakfast, I planned to go downtown. First, however, I went home, took off the Seamaster and put on my Speedy with my Omega ring. There...I felt better.

I still have my lovely Rolex Explorer I, and the same thing happened last week, although I didn't even get to the point of leaving home before I put the Speedy back on.

My Cartier Tank Solo is my real dress watch. And it's quartz, so I don't mind so much that it is there for only special occasions. Although, I have to admit, many of the special occasions when I could wear it, I still opt for the Speedy.

Now that the Speedy has been on my wrist almost exclusively for 7 months, when I put on my midsize Seamaster, I admit it did seem a little small.

I have been looking at the new AT 8500 with blue dial midsize at 38.5mm, and also the Orbis Hour Vision for months now. Lately, even the PO Ti version with blue dial. It will be a while before I am in the position to buy any one of them, and I am now wondering if there is any point. I know that my Speedy will still be the every day watch, including to work. I have been real enthusiastic about watches so many times, such as these blue beauties. I get them, and wind up wearing mostly one watch, and missing it when I don't.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Just to say that I am really questioning (this time, finally) the sense of putting out between 5 to 8 grand for a watch that may possibly end up spending most of it's time in the box. After all, nobody has a gun to my head to spend the money.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers :cheers:
    Carl
  2. cw2

cw2

Silver Member
    I understand. I have purposely put away my Rolex and Breitling for the winter and forcing myself to wear the others.
    I think about it(Rolex) every day....I plan on getting rid of a few, so I'm wearing them to decide on the ones to go.
    The Rolex and Breitling will of course not leave...I have already chose one to leave. For whatever reason, you like
    what you like.
    :rolex::breitling:
  3. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    I totally get it Carl. Sometimes the "distance makes the heart grow fonder" saying works but not always. It's important to wear what you like and what feels right for the situation. If the Speedy does is 95% of the time, that's awesome and good for your wallet. :yahoo:
  4. KatGirl

KatGirl

Premium Member
    I do the same thing, too, Carl. For ME, though, my favorite changes over time. Lately, I find myself choosing my 38.5mm silver opaline AT 8500. Even if I start the day with another watch, inevitably, the AT finds itself back on my wrist. I'm pretty fickle, though. In another few months, my orange PO or Speedy Pro will take center stage again. As you know, we were both serial flippers, and I think have finally settled on what we REALLY like. :thumbsup: