Montblanc Classique vs LeGrand

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Baco Noir, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

TKF Premium Member
    I saw that Dave and Jeff have multiple Montblanc pens and I am looking at the platinum & black rollerball version of either the Meisterstuck Classique or LeGrand. Does the LeGrand feel too big or the Classique too small? :thinking:
  2. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Silver Member
    As far as I recall, you have quite large hands, Roger. So I'd pick the LeGrand. :cheers:
  3. DSimon9

DSimon9

TKF Premium Member
    Roger, Montblanc has an AD in Cherry Creek Mall. Next to Sack's. They have most of the collection in stock. You might want to stop by and try them on for size. Dawn is the store manager. She seemed quite knowledgeable about pens.

Recently, I priced their LeGrand and Meisterstuck Chopin fountain pens. The MSRP on the LeGrand was a bit pricey (imho), but you can find then online from authorized AD's at a substantial discount.

As with everything else, there is a forum available where MB's are discussed. Not sure if it is considered appropriate to post directly in this forum, but if you PM me, I can send you the link.

Good luck. I bought my wife a Starwalker rollerball for Valentine's Day.
  4. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

TKF Premium Member

Thanks Dex. I'd go check them out at lunch but my wife and I carpooled today and she has the keys. I'll try to get over there one day next week.

On the Valentine's Day note, good call on the pen Dex. It's good to pull off something other than dinner and flowers/chocolate. I bought tickets to go see Phantom of the Opera on the closing weekend. My wife has never seen it and it's one of my favorites. But doing it on the QT has me worried. She was mentioning Phantom and Defending the Caveman a few nights ago for Valentine's Day too. :banghead: I had to play it down and say it was too expensive with all the money we've spent lately! :crazy:
  5. DSimon9

DSimon9

TKF Premium Member
    Great choice for a Valentine's Day gift. I have not seen Defending the Caveman, but I agree with you, Phantom is a great show.

My wife will be putting the pen to good use. She does a lot of writing and even though a lot of it is in the computer, she does have to proof read a lot of other documents. For the ones she proof reads, she prefers to make the corrections on the paper. Often she needs to sign them as well.
  6. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Your wife will love it indeed :yahoo: :cheers: