New Rolex Rubber Watch band solution

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Everest, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    Dear TKF Community

I know some of you have seen our website and asked a lot of great questions about our products. We are excited to soon be launching the Everest Band EH-1 and are excited to get involved in the community here on TKF. You might see some advertising and what not on the forum, but I want be here as a resource for questions and for concerns. We want you to be in control of what we do, and make products that you love and cherish.

Each day until we launch we will be posting a new different picture of the band. We will be doing it on our website, Facebook, twitter and igoogle. Here is the first of many, enjoy the UFO look of the shot!

Thanks again, and I am still waiting to here back from the GTG group who won a band to contact me back!

Michael DiMartini
    Everest Horology Products
    252377_374222499306936_632172826_n.jpg
  2. daveathall

daveathall

Premium Member
    Great stuff.:thumbsup:

Have you any plans in branching out to other brands such as Omega and Breitling for example Michael?
  3. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Welcome aboard, Mike! :cheers: I look forward to seeing more pics of the strap over the coming days. The strap looks nice on the LV! :thumbsup:
  4. aquajoe

aquajoe

Silver Member
    Michael, welcome to TKF. Glad to have you here. I was one of the lucky winners of an Everest band and I really appreciate your generosity in donating them to our first get together this past weekend. We had a blast.
  5. SLRdude

SLRdude

Silver Member
    I am one of the winners too so let me add my most sincere thank you to this as well.

Since I have an LV, the pic you posted already tells me everything I need to know about how the watch will look like. I like it!
  6. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    aquajoe - Congrats!! Please email me at [email protected] so I can get all of your info. GTG Guys, thank you for making it to Vegas! I have been traveling a lot to our different manufacturing facilities to perfect the band. I really wanted to go but needed a little time to recharge my batteries at home.

To answer daveathall's question, we have but they will be under a separate company name for the Omega version. Still the same quality and unique materials that we use on the Everest Band, but we want to brand each properly. The Breitling watch line may come in the future, but we want to take the time to create the Rolex and Omega line(s) properly. The Deepsea is on the drawing board and will follow hopefully shortly! Great question!

Again, thanks for the interest and if you guys need anything contact us!
  7. daveathall

daveathall

Premium Member
    Thats great Michael, I have a SMP 300 ceramic and am very interested. :thumbsup:
  8. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    FYI - that is my personal LV. Which I just think that the Maxi Dial, larger hands and Green bezel just make it such a wonderful transitional watch to the current LN & LV Subs. I will say he 114060 coming soon is on my "must get" list!!
  9. carbon6

carbon6

Premium Member
    I'm also one of the lucky winners. Thanks Michael, for donating these straps. It's a great way to market the brand. They look really good and I'll be putting it on a Sub LV as well.
  10. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    Looks like the LV is the choice watch! Some tid bit knowledge for those who are not black watch band fans. Our colors that we will be coming out with are:

Orange
    Green - Very dark
    Navy Blue
    White

They also will be coming in that order. Those are the "set in stone" colors. We are up for other ones, but those are planned.
  11. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    Here is the latest watch picture, enjoy!
    everest rubber rolex watch band.jpg
  12. Vincent65

Vincent65

Silver Member
    what will they cost?
  13. Aerome

Aerome

TKF Newbie
    I didn't see anything on the page about costs either. I'm hoping they're priced as rubber/silicone straps, not stainless and gold bracelets, that way I'll try a couple. If they cost more than a Michelen, my bracelets will do nicely.

And everyone appreciates the support EVEREST gives the forum.
  14. bridgs

bridgs

Premium Member
    I hope you can beat the price, quality, and variety of colors that Rubber B straps offer for subs and gmt's. They have been in business for some time now and they even offer a smaller size now for those of us who have 6.5" wrists rubberb.com/ .
  15. Vincent65

Vincent65

Silver Member
    agreed - need to be priced fairly, especially as they don't come with a clasp... If, so, I'm up for one or two.
  16. bridgs

bridgs

Premium Member
    Went to the rubber b site, and they are asking $220.00 for theirs. You provide the clasp from your original bracelet. Colors are red, white, black, blue, brown and orange.
  17. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    To answer some of the questions, they are $185.00. They do not come with a clasp, but we did this intentionally. I will say though these are priced a lot higher than the average low end band, but for good reason. For one thing the materials that we use are the best in the world. Every thing we make is made at a medical parts manufacturer in the US and in a clean room. The Silicone Rubber we use is only made in Germany, in low batches, and is medical parts grade. It is 40% stronger than traditional rubber, silicone or PU watch bands. Medical grade materials are simply the highest level made. Since medical grade materials do not need to be sensitive to UV rays, we add a special combination of additives to keep the quality at an exceptional level but keep the color from changing over time. We also have a permanent insert that is over molded in the rubber and is also made with a FDA grade material. To eliminate dust and dirt build up commonly found on silicone parts we had to find the best coating in the world. We use an extremely high grade medical parts coating that is anti-microbial, is very slippery to the touch, purposely does not attract dust and dirt, and happens to be extremely tough and abrasion resistant. Also, this special coating is not a paint or plasma, it actually molecularly bonds with the silicon and changes the surface of the silicone.

Each step is done here in the US, at separate facilities that are the best in their field. This is extremely expensive, but creates simply the best piece for you. It also carries a two year full replacement warranty. We do this because, the strap is that incredible.

Simply, the materials we use are beyond the level expected for a quality Swiss Made time piece. When you touch our band and see it for the first time you will not be disappointed.

Just an FYI:
    A lot of our competitors brag about being made out of natural rubber. There are a ton of negatives to doing that.

1. Natural rubber begins to break down at around 160 degrees Fahrenheit. This "degradation" occurs and brakes down at the molecular level. Over time the band at certain parts will fray and eventually tear easily. Items in the sunlight, hot water, even sticking your hand in the oven for a moment to pull out a pizza will bring the tempeture up causing this breakdown to occur. Our material begins to degrade above 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
    2. Natural rubber is not anti-microbial. So even though it may meet an FDA standard, it does not mean long-term it is healthy to wear. Over time bacteria can easily group on the band. We specifically make our straps out of an anti-microbial group of materials.
    3. UV issues with color. Have you noticed that natural rubber band color(s) over time lighten or become chalky? This is commonly due to UV rays. Again, we made sure to use better materials and additives to prevent this.

They also use a plasma coating over the rubber or silicone. This is again is not antimicrobial, begins to wear off, and is more of short-term solution. The same material is used on silicone and rubber parts for car interiors, remote controls, etc. It is a low-cost alternative to what we do. Do not be fooled by great, flashy marketing.

I know that was super wordy! Sorry, but we really take pride in what we do and want to make the absolute best products. Our clients health, happiness and respect is most important to us.
  18. Vincent65

Vincent65

Silver Member
    Many thanks for the in-depth info - wow, sounds like a lot went into these 'rubber' straps! That's a lot of money, though...
  19. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    By the way we appreciate the opportunity to communicate freely in a forum style. This way, if a question or concern comes up, we can answer it. We are also hear to listen to what we may be doing wrong.

You are the client, you are who buys the product. We know this and intentionally requested to have this ability from the Jeff and his staff. Thanks again for the questions.
  20. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    Agreed it is not cheap. Recently, we purchased an Omega watch, at an Omega Boutique.

We asked what the rubber strap, not including the buckle would cost if it were needing to be replaced, the answer was $499.00. I also heard through the grape vine that a clasp from Rolex, for replacement was over $1300.00. Obviously, these are OEM parts, and they deserve a premium. That being said, quality is expensive, but those numbers seemed a little high.

Our Mark up is a lot less than one would think. This is a labor of love for us. Our band may not be the choice for everyone. But if you do buy it, I feel confident that you will feel it was well worth the price for years to come.

GREAT QUESTIONS