New Rolex Rubber Watch band solution

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Everest, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    Here is the latest shot! Enjoy New image 3.jpg
  2. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Very nice! I like the endlink design. :thumbsup: Are they attached permanently to the strap, or are they separate pieces?
  3. aquajoe

aquajoe

Silver Member
    Looks like the "end links" are molded into the band
  4. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    Exactly, the end links are molded into the band. There is a solid piece of high grade polycarbonate material that is covered by the material. This piece is molded into the band to ensure a tight case fit. We knew that we wanted to take the SEL look from the modern watch collections and but make it slightly more robust. Rolex is a timeless, simple art deco look - adding to much would take away from that look. Something like this is very hard to ensure that you keep the essence of the original watch. Thanks for the compliments!
  5. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Thanks! :cheers:
  6. z32turbo

z32turbo

Premium Member
    Those straps look great on that LV. Congrats on a job well done. :thumbsup:
  7. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    And it will fit your 116610LV!! Green is the new black?! FYI on friday we are switching to a group of two tone shots (blue and gold).
  8. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    I am one of the Everst band giveaway winners from the Vegas GTG too! :yahoo:

Sounds like a lot of thought went into material selection for these bands and I am impressed by Mike's choices! :thumbsup:

I love the OEM rubber strap on my Omega Great White. One of the features I like about it is having a buckle, which means more contrast between the SS watch head and the rubber strap. In the photos I've seen of the Everest and Rubber B with the integration of the large Rolex SS clasp, it really reduces the rubber to SS ratio which IMHO detracts from the sporty look of a rubber strap, but then again UN used much less rubber on their Maxi Marine Diver rubber/SS strap, which was an OEM release. And other watchmakers integrate rubber and SS together in their bracelets.

I haven't seen the Everest in person, so I'm reserving judgement until I get a first hand look at the product. My opinion might be swayed when I see it and experience it - it's happened before. :dunno: If it's not for me, i will do a TKF Giveaway Contest and find another deserving member to give it to in hopes that it finds a loving home. :love:

Mike told me that they have plans to launch a buckle version around Chrstmas and I look forward to seeing that too. I am on his list to get one of those when they hit the street! Thanks Mike!!! :thankyou:
  9. Aerome

Aerome

TKF Newbie
    I've paid $150 for leather straps and thought it a bit much, so at that price point, it's a good dangler. Too expensive to be a try-it-and-see purchase. I won't say no, but it will take me to be in a great mood to pop for one on any Rolex because I'm a bit of a purist. Other considerations may be as a replacement for a very worn or broken bracelet. At about $1800+ for new Rolex, wearing a rubber makes a statement. Orange (or even black) on my Planet Ocean is a very strong possibility when they're available, and I'll be first in line.
  10. Nicko

Nicko

Banned
    I applaud you and your business venture but rubber and Rolex just don't do it for me. I have to be in a special mood to put a NATO in mine but I never would consider one of these. Just personal taste I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    Nicko and Aerome, we know that some people are just not going to like it. It is something that no matter what we do, the purist group is not interested in. That being said, others will love it and find it to be something they treasure. I am not a huge Panerai fan, but they sure do have a following!

The best comparison that I can think of is Rolex and Omega. These two have been compared to each other for countless years and there really isn't a clear line in the sand on where people stand. Rolex does not have a single rubber strap in there current lineup and Omega has quite a few. Everyone is different, some will hate it and others will love it.

Thanks again.
  12. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    Guys, again another shot of the watch, this time fully open. Image 4.JPG
  13. Tudor 7928

Tudor 7928

Premium Member
    IMG_0598.jpg I can put this strap on my Sea Dweller or my Submariner with no problems the older ones not the new stuff? At what cost?
  14. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    Yes,

It will fit those watches.

Like your collection, those are some beauties. They are $185.00, but are well wourth the price. NICE SHOT!!!!!
  15. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    We were not able to put out a picture yesterday, so we will release two today. A few old school 1680 shots! image5.1.jpg
  16. Kiwi

Kiwi

Premium Member
    Great picture:thumbsup:

Is certainly something different but I like it.
  17. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    Thanks. We found the strap to not fit perfectly on the 1680, since the lugs are slightly longer. We built the design purely around the 116610 and the 16610, so it fits perfectly to the EXP, Yacht-M, GMT, Sea-Dweller, and Sub. The 1680 is such an iconic, classic design that we had to see if it fit. I will say, it was extremely comfortable.

Thanks for the compliment!!
  18. Vincent65

Vincent65

Silver Member
    I was going to ask - that's me out then!
  19. Everest

Everest

Premium Member
    Latest shot
    image6.1.jpg
  20. aquajoe

aquajoe

Silver Member
    Mike, do you have any colored models to show us yet?