Ok you PAM owners are starting to win me over.

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by Xelor, Nov 25, 2008.

1. morgman

morgman

Silver Member
    Here's the weight without straps for the base models.
    The Logo comes in heavier due to solid caseback.

111: 109g
    000: 116g

:cheers:
  2. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    Wow thanks for the weights Subrock! I'm going to have to check out some Pam's at the local AD before I consider flipping the sub. I just love the Sub so much and I waited so long for it I'll just have to wait before making a decision on a Pam.
  3. morgman

morgman

Silver Member
    The no-date sub is a very cool watch, and I kind of regret letting it go.
    (I traded it in towards the GMT-IIC). It is just so simple & timeless.

Since you enjoy the no-date sub so much, I would definitely make sure to try a PAM24 before making a final PAM purchase if you can. It has the most similarities with the applied hour markers, rotating bezel, and brushed and polished parts.

Be forwarned though: after you have the 24 on for about 10 minutes and then put the 14060 back on, it will look dinky! :cheers:

Happy hunting!
  4. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Definitely take your time then. Don't feel rushed, although I realize it's easier said than done.
  5. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    That's the truth.
  6. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Nice to know how much those PAM's weigh in at! :thumbsup:

:goodpost:, Morg!
  7. leopardprey

leopardprey

Silver Member
    Remember also, though the weight is different frmo a Rolex Sub, the Panerais wear much different. Case is larger and shaped different, so rides on the wrist different (Much more comfortable on the Sub). Also with the wide 24mm leather straps, it is possible to get a really nice custom type fit.

Now another advantage of the Titanium Models (and not just cause I am trying to sell my 177, that in all reality I would like to keep, but have too many watches and waht sells, sell, the others stay). is the heat transfer. I can tell you that after having a 233 (SS Case) and 118 (Titanium case just like the 177) in Afghanistan during the summer, there is a difference. We had temperatures well over 100 degrees at times. The SS of the 233 (and other watches I had did get HOT). Where as the 177, there was no transfer of heat and it remained cool. Also Titanium will not corrode at all with the elements (even good SS in a watch if exposed to sweat or seawater over many years can corrode a bit) and there is absolutely no skin irritation at all with Titanium. I know some watch owners that only wear Titanium due to alergic reactions with SS (Due to the Nickle content, and actually this is more common with Rolex as Rolex 904 SS has a higher Nickle content that 316 SS other brands use, and sweat can cause a partial nickle discharge).
  8. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    To add, Ti scratches pretty easily but that it also has partially self-healing properties when the scratches are only superficial. Deeper scratches can be removed with a Ti finish restoration pen.
  9. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    Thanks guys, this is all really helpful information and certainly gives me plenty to think about. I'll let you know if I make it down to the local AD Saturday to check them out.