Omega Purchase?

Discussion in 'Omega Watches' started by Doug T, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Doug T

Doug T

Bronze Member
    I'm considering the purchase of an Omega to add to my small collection. I don't know much about the Omega lineup and would like some advice please. I'm a Rolex guy and like the idea of a sports watch and NO quartz movement (must be an automatic). For my first Omega (all stainless, no leather) what would your recommendations be? Thanks for any help you can offer.
  2. Korean Cowboy

Korean Cowboy

Hmm, good question...my favourites are the Speedmaster and the Planet Ocean.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 28, 2013, Original Post Date: Jun 28, 2013 ---
    What Rolex(es) do you have now?
  3. sgondesi

sgondesi

Premium Member
    Agree with above...

If you like the Seamaster Planetocean with latest in-house movement (8500), go for it...
    Korean Cowboy likes this.
  4. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    You mentioned no quartz and it must be automatic. What about a mechanical manual wind movement? If that's acceptable I'd recommend the Speedmaster. Give me a shout before you buy, I can point you toward the perfect seller.
  5. sgondesi

sgondesi

Premium Member
    Agreed... Perhaps something like this? The best watch ever made by Omega... Seriously...

[​IMG]
  6. Doug T

Doug T

Bronze Member
    Thanks for the input. I currently have a new Rolex GMT Master II (116710 LN) and an older stainless Datejust. Looking to add one or two more slightly used Rolex to my small collection. Also have a new Seiko 1/5 Alarm Chronograph Cal. 7T62 Quartz. I'm not a "quartz" fan at all and only have this one Seiko which I will say is a great piece. I am looking for a stainless, likely an Omega and would like an all stainless (no leather) model. The Speedmaster and the Planetocean do interest me. Colemanitis, you mentioned you know the perfect seller. Can you pass that on to me please and I'll check it out when I'm ready to buy.
  7. Korean Cowboy

Korean Cowboy

Doug, when you said that you're looking for a "slightly used" Rolex, ideally, what would that look like?
  8. Doug T

Doug T

Bronze Member
    I don't really have one in particular that I "have" to have! I'm pointing in the direction of a Sub (date) when I see one at the right price. The other one I'd look at is the Milgauss or the Explorer II. Come to think of it there's not a lot I wouldn't consider. I like the quality and styling they put into all of them and they're built like a truck!
  9. Korean Cowboy

Korean Cowboy

Right on dood, I love the Milgauss myself...other than the Daytona, it's becoming my favourite Rolex.

Just let me know whenever you're ready, and I'll point you in the right direction. :)
  10. Doug T

Doug T

Bronze Member
  11. andrew

andrew

Bronze Member
    how about this
    The OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean

[​IMG]

FEATURES

TECHNICAL DATA

• Crystal
      Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
    • Case
      Steel
    • Dial
      Black
    • Water resistance
      600 m (2000 feet)
    • Size
      Case Diameter: 45.5 mm
      MOVEMENT

Caliber: Omega 8500
      Self-winding movement with Co-Axial Escapement for greater precision, stability and durability. Free sprung-balance, 2 barrels mounted in series, automatic winding in both directions to reduce winding time. Bridges and the oscillating mass are decorated with exclusive Geneva waves in arabesque.
      Power reserve: 60 hours
  12. Doug T

Doug T

Bronze Member
    Thanks Andrew. This is one that I have on the top of my list of Omega's
  13. RegF

RegF

Silver Member
    I have a Speedmaster on a bracelet, one of the Apoolo mission limited editions ones. It is one of my all time favourite watches - I am a space nut

I'm currently hunting a Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono co-axial. The new liqid metal ceramic bezel metallurgy they have is interesting

Or the new speedmasters have the new co-axial no as well - there's a nift DLC all- black one if you want a really different look to your Rolex

If you want a more refined look with just a touch of sport mixed with elegance theres the De Ville chronograph

All look great IMHO and are solid movements with a bit of a difference
  14. andrew

andrew

Bronze Member
    you're most welome doug :)