Pam 111 on Heroic 18, black Alligator strap.

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by Xelor, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    Well I was able to swing by he post office this morning and pick up my new black alligator Heroic 18 strap. After washing the car, I came in and decided to change out the Brown Alligator Panerai strap to see how the fit and feel was on this new strap.
    All I can say is wow! :worship:
    What a nice strap, being about twice as thick (Approx. 4.2mm) as the OEM strap I thought it was going to be really stiff but I was wrong, it is butter soft and very flexible. It does not taper like the OEM straps do, 24mm x 24mm instead of 24mm x 22mm, so the buckle is noticeably wider and has a nice solid feel and some heft to it. The strap is hand stitched and they're made in Hong Kong, shipping was lightning fast. I ordered it last weekend and had I been home yesterday, I would have had it then. They provide tracking numbers and communication was excellent. It also comes in a cool pouch for storage and even the cardboard box it came in can be re-used.

Price was $171.00 US because this is the limited Alligator strap but they have other straps for a little as $85 and even these are hand stitched and come with different buckle options, which by the way can be removed as they are held together with a screw like the OEM buckles.

Check them out. http://www.heroic18.com/index.php
    :thumbsup:

Now for some pictures.

Side by side you can see the H18 is longer which I like because the OEM straps feel short to me and I don't have enough to tuck under the second loop on the Brown Alligator OEM strap I have.
    [​IMG]

Swap Complete.
    [​IMG]

Shot of the buckle once strapped onto my wrist.
    [​IMG]

Couple more wrist shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you like.
  2. frostie

frostie

Bronze Member
    Looks great :cheers:

Nice photos too :thumbsup:
  3. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Great looking strap indeed, Jeff :cheers:
  4. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    Thanks guys!
  5. Robb

Robb

Premium Member
    Looks awesome!!!
  6. Dolphin23

Dolphin23

Silver Member
    Looks very nice!!! :rocker:
  7. daveathall

daveathall

Premium Member
    It looks stunning, really transforms the watch, I like the width of the new strap, suits your wrist, wear it in the very best of health.
  8. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    That new strap is awesome, Jeff! :worship: :thumbsup: Isn't it amazing how much of a difference a 24/24 strap makes!

On your OEM strap, you can remove the second (loose) keeper if you're not using it. I don't use the second keeper either. You'd have to have pretty small wrists to need it. They need to make the OEM straps longer IMHO.
  9. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    Jeff - sweet band! Love the sub cutout in the buckle - very unique! :thumbsup:
  10. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    Thanks! And thanks to the others who chimed in as well. :thumbsup:

I decided after trying the H18 strap on for a while to remove the second keeper as well as I like the look. When I took it off I was looking at the brown Alligator strap I bought last weekend and came to the same realization. I could just take the loose loop off and would like the look better. I love this Black H18 strap though so I think it will be staying on for a while but the fun part is I have the other straps to change things up when I want a different look.
    :thumbsup:
  11. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    Thanks Roger, the buckle is why I liked this strap so much that I bought it, despite the fact that I had just dropped over $300 at the AD's on a brown Alligator strap earlier in the day. I'm going to cool it though with all these strap purchases for a while to recover.
  12. DSimon9

DSimon9

Premium Member
    Nice looking strap...
  13. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Jeff, I was SO looking forward to seeing that croc strap mounted on your PAM00111 !

I was not disappointed! What a GREAT looking strap! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  14. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    Thanks Bo, first thing I did when I got up was put it back on. I'm sitting here have my coffee on a Sunday morning wearing it and reading the new posts that came in over night!
    LOL, I'm such a watch geek.
  15. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Same thing here, Jeff! I'm sitting here with a cup of coffe, reading through all posts posted since yestday afternoon where I was last online. I could not wait till I got home to enjoy reading all those great posts! :beardjump: