Popularity among Historic Line

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by CW018, Dec 27, 2009.

1. CW018

CW018

TKF Newbie
    Ok.. guys..

I think I kinda like PAM000 cause it has the cool PANERAI 'Logo' displays on the face but.. the dial isn't sandwich right? (correct me if I am wrong) and neither the see-through case back. so the next in line is PAM005, IMHO, with the small second.

So the choice like everyone else (was told by many) goes to PAM111, probably just like everyone else... it comes with everything.. simple movement, clean face, small second, sandwich dial and see-through case back... just perfect

Skipping the flashy white dial like PAM113 or 114, I guess my questions go to the so none-popular model among the Historic Lines. Casue I have only heard or seen people on the web talked so much about others but this PAM112, or even PAM176 (Titanium case) or PAM219 (Destro) for that matter. Have u heard of anyone who ever owned or talked about these models? What would be the reason why anyone would pick PAM112, knowing that one day PAM111 would come around? In the case that they are looking for Historic PAM...

Just the thought, got me so curious and wondering if one day PANERAI might discontinue these models..
  2. CorruptedSanity

CorruptedSanity

Bronze Member
    What are you after?
    I'm unsure as to where you want to end up with this post.
    Sorry I can't answer your specific questions , so I ask you what do you ultimately want.
  3. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    There's no such thing as a non-popular PAM. They all sell as fast as they can be shipped. Everyone has their own personal tastes. Some prefer the sandwich dial, some don't. Some prefer the contemporary line, some prefer the historic. Between everyone they all sell quickly, therefore Panerai keeps manufacturing these models.
  4. CW018

CW018

TKF Newbie
    Jeff, Saif...

Hmp... I guess that's what I have missed. I was just wondering cause from all the posts I have read, I just have just not come across anyone talked about the most basic PAM like PAM112 .. it's all
    I went to the local AD yesterday to ask if any PAM on my list has showed up.. he said that I would prbably have to wait a while longer (finally I trimmed my list down to PAM111, PAM292 and PAM312. But the guy said to wait and disappeared to the back office. He came out and showed me a Luminor Base Destro, PAM219 which he reserved for his very 'regular' customer, but unfortunately the guy couldn't come and pick up this watch So he asked me if I might be interested in PAM219.. The guy said this is a very rare PAM cause very little was produced each year. As I took a hold in my hand and inspected the watch closely.. there it is, the sandwich dial with all the number 3, 6, 9, 12 and very simple dial, it doesn't have the small second, and it's kinda strange that the crown protector is on the otherside of the case.

Before, I noticed I was sitting with this watch for almost an hour, trying to see if this watch talked back to me..
    And so I came back and do the search about PAM219, but seem no one talked about it and it got me thinking of what Jeff said. that everyone got his own preference.. if one is looking for a lightweight.. he might goes for PAM176 and if he is wearing the watch on the right wrist, then PAM219 might be the answer. but I am just like most, wear the watch on the left wrist, so ....

To Saif's question.. what I really want a hand-wound simple PAM maybe one Luminor and another Radiomir.. I like both style...
    but never expected the very true simple even without the small second.

I am asking you guys opinion.. what do you think of PAM219 Should I go for it now? Then continue to wait on my list.... Or just be honest to the list.. do not sway to whichever base models showed up.
    I am Sorry if my post topic might sound offended for I didn't mean it :( I am just in the middle of a very hard to resist PAM decision. I perfectly understand that everyone has his own preferences and style.
  5. CorruptedSanity

CorruptedSanity

Bronze Member
    I like the PAM219. I love the clean dial with sandwich Arabic numerals. In my opinion and this is just my opinion, I like a brushed case contrasted against a polished bezel. Why? I like brushed and polished metal combination
    The left hand crown also makes it unique. I would wear the pam219 on my left wrist because it shows (the destro) even more on the left wrist.
    If you have disposable income, get the pam219 today, live life. If not, wait for the watch YOU want.
  6. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Well, if you like the Base model 000 but would prefer a sandwich dial, PAM 112 is the one to get...

As to the "Destro", to each his own, but in my world it would get old really quickly. And by "getting old", this is not to be taken literally; more like "a fast flip".
  7. daveathall

daveathall

Premium Member
    Sinn make a lot of watches with the crown on the left, it is less likely to be caught on something whilst diving or when creeping up on someone to administer nastiness (special forces editions)

I am, however more traditional and would like the more normal left wrist configuration, IMHO, wait for one from your list, you wont be disappointed.