PROBLEM WITH SECONDS MOVEMENT PLUNGER OMEGA MC 1511/1516

Discussion in 'Omega Watches' started by aaronpawlak, Mar 9, 2018.

1. aaronpawlak

aaronpawlak

TKF Newbie
    Hi All,

Any experts out there that can give me some advice, I have 2 OMEGA Marine Chronometers, one is a rare 1511 model, the other is a model 1516, check the prices on these watches they do not come cheap. They are reputed to be the most accurate watches in the world and certified by the Observatory Bescancon in France who only awarded certificates to these watches.

My question is to move the seconds one has to press the little recessed plunger located on the right side of the watch, they seem to have a mind of their own, sometimes the after pressing the plunger with a toothpick as the recommend it works sometimes it does not. Not that it makes any difference anyway as really the only time you would use this facility was if you were navigating with the aid of a sextant to get your position on the earth's surface. The famous French Explorer Jackues Costeau used this method as above for navigating his research boat all around the globe.Does anyone have experience of what I have described as I am curious as to why it is so difficult to adjust. I don't use it so it is no big deal.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
    http://www.newdwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5292
    Professional video production

Thanks