Question To Panerai Owners

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by SPACE-DWELLER, Sep 22, 2008.

1. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Cool, so those too go well with anything :)
  2. DSimon9

DSimon9

Premium Member
    Clyde, thanks for the information. I have always liked pocket watches. I will have to keep my eyes out for one. I don't see them often at the stores. Is it best to buy pre-owned?

3. Cmaster03

Cmaster03

Silver Member
    Hi dex,

No problem. I'd say pre-owned is the way to go with pocket watches. I have gotten a couple of good "beater" mechanical pocket watches that were new, but not many new high quality ones are available.

The good news is there are tons of nice used ones out there. I'd stick with early 20th century, say the teens through 30s-40s. (Or as late as 1969 in the case of Hamilton) Hamilton made some really nice watches in the US that parts are still available for, and there are other good US companies to choose from also: Howard, Elgin, Illinois, etc.

Patek, Vacheron, and even Rolex made great pocket watches also. I'd personally look for a goof railroad grade US watch to get my feet wet. They can still be had for $500 US, plus or minus a hundred or more. A Hamilton 992 or 992B is a good start. :thumbsup:
  4. BlueB6

BlueB6

Bronze Member
    There's a vintage Patek pocketwatch on TZ now for $5K.
  5. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    :coolanimated: info, John!

Much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Clyde: No problem with the "highjack"! :cheers: I enjoy reading about pocket watches!
  6. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Glad you were cool with it Bo. I see many of us are really interested in these Pocket watches. Maybe if this grows even more we might be able to get a section dedicated to them? Maybe not but just thinking out loud :)