Recent Release: Seamaster Aqua Terra Midsize Chronometer, Blue Dial

Discussion in 'Omega Watches' started by Carl, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Carl

Carl

Premium Member
    Since I tried on this model at the Boutique today, I can't get it out of my mind! And I understand that it has only been available for the past couple of weeks. I gathered some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

38.5mm, Caliber 8500, 60hrs power reserve

There are no less than 28 various dial/bracelet/strap combinations for this model. I saw quite a few, but this one really strikes me as the most beautiful.

Apparently this blue dial is only available on the midsize model and not the larger 41.5mm model.

After looking at the many models, both Mens and Womens, I can certainly understand why Roger's wife chose the model she did! This watch simply looks good in all sizes and with a straps or bracelets.

I was also surprised to hear that this is the model that Daniel Craig wears in "Skyfall". I somehow thought it might be a PO, although I haven't really kept up with these details. Apparently he prefers this size watch to larger models. I did do a bit of Googling, and there appears to be no end of photos and articles about the watch(es) in the movie.

If I was a James Bond fan, I would still rather have this watch than either of the 007 LE models - Seamaster and PO Skyfall - not because it's in the movie, but because I think it's so beautiful.

There seems to be a lot of controversy over the date window. The opinion, from what I read on the forums, is that it should be blue to match the dial. However, I saw a lot of Omegas today, not just this model, and I have to say that with this blue the black date window suits it very well. I honestly don't think it was a cost decision on Omega's part, but the idea that it would stand out more on the dial. This colour dial looks especially good with either a black or dark blue leather strap. I am very picky when it comes to date display on a watch, and I honestly could not find any fault with how this looks.

As usual, the watch has to be seen in person, especially the beautiful dial, to be fully appreciated.

Cheers :cheers:
    Carl
  2. watcher

watcher

TKF Newbie
    Thanks for sharing these nice pics! Been only yesterday when I saw this teak-blue colored-dial. Really liked it a lot! Was contemplating on a 300M automatic with matte black dial for a long time now but just cant seem to love the 41mm size on my 6-inch wrist when I tried it on at a local AD. But the 38.5mm looks a good fit just like my datejust. I've also been looking for pics showing the profile of the watch. Would want to see how high or low the crystal extends over the bezel.
  3. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    That's a great looking piece! :thumbsup:
  4. kingel

kingel

Premium Member Staff Member

It's a beautiful dial. We just received one.. Here is a pict of the profile so you can see the crystal.. it's nearly even with the bezel...just a slight step up.

(oops.. the site isn't letting me post pics... both in png and jpeg mode.. anyone know what's the solution?)
  5. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    That watch just drips with class. Really nice!!

John
  6. watcher

watcher

TKF Newbie
    Thanks, Peter, for trying to post that profile pic... will wait til you get it done successfully. Cheers!
  7. Carl

Carl

Premium Member
    Hi Peter,

You have to join, and upload your photos to an image hosting site such as Photobucket.com. When you have saved the image, then copy and paste the IMG Code into your post on TKF.

Hope that helps.

Cheers :cheers:
    Carl