Steelers vs. Browns Week 1: Knee Jerk Reactions from the Steelers 21-21

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by zhangzk, Jan 9, 2019.

1. zhangzk

zhangzk

TKF Newbie
    As Week 1 fell upon Steelers Nation http://www.authenticspittsburghsteelers.com/cheap-stephon-tuitt-jersey , I was enthused to write about all which went down in Cleveland, and then the game started. Nonetheless, a simple reminder, a knee jerk reaction is an immediate and unthinking, emotional reaction. I can safely say that’s a true definition of your’s truly and a good lot of Steeler Nation. Here’s my real-time reactions during the Steelers 21-21 tie with the Browns.1st QuarterIt’s obvious they are trying to establish Conner early. Dont know if that ball slipped out of Ben’s mitts, but that was ugly.One thing that Hard Knocks emphasizesd was Cleveland’s lack of discipline. Two penalties in a row for Cleveland.Refs missed a helmet-to-helmet on Sean Davis. I’ll take it.No. 30 going hard.That Dog Pound motif is ugly.Tyrod might not be the QB too long in Cleveland.Switzer excites me.Is it the rain or is Ben off?Bad pick. If AB is covered by three guys, somebody else had to hav3 been open.This Bud’s for you. Big tip.Vintage Ben on that pass to Jesse James.Quarter 2I hate Myles Garrett already. Could Switzer be a gadget guy?Thats the most I’ve seen Ben run in a couple of years.I’ll take the penalty. But I don’t like the call on Garrett. It’s a rule though.Great TD by Conner. But the haircut...Wow!I thought they’d call Tuitt on that one.Thats a rough penalty. Rookie can’t do that.Bostic is in there again.I thought Watt was going to get pinched.Switzer is gutsy.That was an over-over-overthrow.Deep down is Becker Mayfield hoping Taylor gets knocked out.Bruce Arians is quiet, but he’s much better than I thought he’d be.Jesse James is responsible for that last pick.This Bud’s for you again.And again.Quarter 3The switch between Watt and Dupree is working.No problem with Burns slamming Landry. But the helmet? Gotta be more disciplined.When you have a second and goal at the two and you get two penalties, it’s hard to recover. Wow!Say Watt!Gotta feel good for Conner. I’ve never seen a player collectively rooted for more than James. How many “Le’Veon Who?” Posts are going up on Twitter and Facebook right now?Hilton needs to check into the West Penn Burn UnitHaden and Edmunds. Good break ups.Quarter 4Matakevich is one of the better Special Teamers in the league.Good to see DeCastro going back in.Terrible punt.Tomlin was reverse-less on challenges last year. That should change.I don’t agree with Trent Green on this. But what do I know?Bud is getting pressure like crazy today.Bud just got crushed. Where is the flag?Ughhhhhhhh!Gutsy on third and one.Wow! Tie game.This is what conservative offense with a lead gets you.This is what good QBs do. Ben needs this series.I thought that was going to be a pick.Dont like that call on third down.Jordan Berry needs to boot the stuffing out of this ball.12 men is inexcusable.Yes Youth Antonio Brown Jersey , nice coverage Cam Sutton. Don’t take your helmet off.OvertimeGood defense.[​IMG]Ben looks tentative, but good gain.This isn’t good. Look for the screen to the RB.Surprised Peppers called for a fair catch.Boswell is money for the win.NevermindWell looks like the Steelers will lose this one...can’t believe this.Of course, Watt blocks it and the game ends in a tie. What are these feelings I’m feeling? This feels awful. ...So...now as I replay the game more and more in my head, my perceptions will alter. But for now, you just got a glimpse of the first thoughts that popped in my mind. Feel free to get your groove on in the comment section. Le’Veon Bell has been in a holding pattern the entire 2018 season. Every step in this process, the Steelers have been wondering what their All-Pro running back was going to do. While the Steelers knew they wouldn’t see Bell during offseason workouts, or even training camp, once Week 1 rolled around and Bell was an absentee...the real waiting began.As players were asked incessantly about Bell’s whereabouts, week by week Bell left $855 thousand dollars on the table weekly. Rumors were Bell would report during the team’s Week 7 bye week.Nope.Some thought when he bid farewell to Miami via Twitter Black James Conner Jersey , he was heading to the Steel City. Well, he showed up, but just to play some pick up basketball at an LA Fitness.It now came to the point where either Bell reports before Tuesday leading up to Week 11, or he is forced to sit out the entire season, this per the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between the NFLPA and the NFL owners.Most assume with Bell in the area, he will be showing up on Monday, or Tuesday, to get back on the field and possibly do some damage before hitting free agency next offseason.According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, this isn’t likely to happen:Schefter wasn’t the only NFL insider to have some sources Black Jon Bostic Jersey , possibly the same ones, say how Bell isn’t going to be showing this season.This from the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport:The comments Rapoport is referring to by Art Rooney II would be comments he made to the NFL Network radio station on Sirius/XM Radio prior to the team’s Week 10 game vs. the Carolina Panthers on Thursday Night Football. During the interview Rooney spoke about how the team fully expects Bell to return for the stretch run, and according to Rapoport the team wants Bell back, but Bell doesn’t reciprocate those feelings.This could just be another rumor in this sordid timeline, or it could be the truth. Either way, fans will know soon enough whether Bell will be a part of this 2018 team, or if they will be moving forward with a backfield of James Conner, Stevan Ridley and Jaylen Samuels.