Stopped by a Panerai AD in Orlando

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by colemanitis, Jan 20, 2009.

1. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I stopped by the only Panerai AD in Orlando while I was there on vacation last weekend. I must say that I was a bit disappointed.

The selection was small, which is to be expected, with around 8-10 pieces on display.

The only watch I had them remove from the case was the PAM 279. This is a beautiful watch: 44mm, sub-seconds, date, titanium case and bracelet, with a brown dial. I loved the bracelet! :drool: The watch all-around felt very solid and I was very impressed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The salesman was very friendly and definitely interested in helping in any way he could. :thumbsup:

Here's why I was disappointed...

I was hoping to have my PAM 111 regulated while I was there. It's currently losing 10 seconds/day. They don't have a watchmaker on site, so they could only recommend that I send my watch directly to Panerai. :thumbsdown:

I was also prepared to plunk down a few hundred dollars for a new leather strap. They don't sell straps separately. :thumbsdown: :dummy: Are they not aware that they could probably make more money selling straps than the actual watches? :dummy: :thumbsdown:

Regardless of me striking out, it was still fun to look at the Panerai watches, especially since there isn't a Panerai AD within 5 hours of my house.

Sorry, no pics. :banghead:
  2. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Sorry to hear about that, Jeff! :banghead:

Maybe you should make a vacation in that place 5 hours away next time and be sure to phone them before you go there so that the AD can regulate your PAM111 while you're there.
  3. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I'm going to Vail, Colorado the first week in March to go skiing. I just checked the Panerai Web site and they have an AD there! I'm going to call to see if they have a watchmaker on site! :thumbsup:
  4. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    Make your next vacation Boston and I'll take you to my AD who had over 100 straps and has a watch maker on the premesis. You might want to buy some warm clothes if you come up anytime in the next few months though. LOL
  5. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    So, Jeff... how far did you manage to drive before your children figured out something was going on? :thinking: :rofl:
  6. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Sweet! Actually I'm planning on taking the family to Boston next Christmas. We go up there every few years to visit family and to ski at Wachusett. I'm sure my watch will be regulated by then, but it'd still be cool to meet up at your AD! :thumbsup:
  7. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I took the kids out for icecream after work while my wife packed up the van. After icecream we got in the van to "head to the next town for dinner." :lol: My oldest son noticed right away that we pulled out of the neighborhood in the wrong direction, so we told him we were taking a different route. :lol: After 40 minutes we finally fessed up and told them where we were headed. They didn't even realize the back of the van was full of suitcases all that time. :lol: You should've seen them bouncing around the van when we told them we were headed to Disney World for 3 nights. :lol:
  8. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:
  9. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Yeah you need to go to Boston, Jeff! Not the Jeff who is already closer by it but you, Jeff :rofl:
  10. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    Ha, ha. That's a good one. They must have been going nuts once you fessed up!!!!!
    :rofl:
  11. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    Very cool! My coworker is one of the night ski patrol guys at Wachusett. He get to ski all he wants at night for free for doing it. A GTG in Boston when you come up is a must. :thumbsup:
  12. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Sounds good to me! :beardjump:
  13. Marrk

Marrk

Silver Member

Jeff, for heaven's sake, come to L.A.! I'll buy you a drink and take you to Beverly Hills, where you will find ADs for Rolex, Breguet, Panerai, IWC, Chopard, Omega, Patek (I think), Cartier, Montblanc, Channel, Schaffhausen, and probably a few I'm forgetting. All of these stores are within walking distance of each other. You will go nuts!

:cheers:
  14. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I went to Hollywood on business two years ago. I had my 16750 at the time. I did manage to snap a few pics outside the Panerai boutique and of the Rolex service center! I don't have any plans to go there anytime soon, although I'd like to take my wife there - I think she'd really enjoy it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I called the AD in Vail. They can't regulate my PAM either. :banghead:
  16. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Nice pictures! And that is a shame, hopefully you can get it done soon.
  17. Cmaster03

Cmaster03

Silver Member
    Ah, Jeff...must you haunt me with pics of your old 16750?

I'm trying to be good and not think about buying another pricey watch. That's the only thing that really tempts me lately!:rofl:
  18. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    It haunts me too. :banghead:
  19. Marrk

Marrk

Silver Member

Obviously, I was an idiot to have assumed that you had not been to L.A. :dummy: :banghead: :dummy: :banghead: :dummy: :banghead: ...........................Sorry!!!!!

But that doesn't mean you can't make a second trip . . . and pay us a visit. :thumbsup:

:cheers:
  20. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I'd love to! :thumbsup: :cheers: