Straps

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by Pete17, May 21, 2010.

1. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    I gotta say guys that I'm impressed with the leather straps on offer around here.:thumbsup:

They can alter the look of the big PAM's in a heartbeat.
    The quality too seems very high.

...................now I'd better get back to the Rolex Vintage Forum before I'm spotted over on this side of the tracks.:rofl:
  2. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I caught you looking around, Pete! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the aftermarket strap market it HUGE and full of quality made straps. Infact, the first thing most PAM owners do is remove the OEM strap and replace it with an aftermarket strap. I've been wearing my DaLuca strap for the last several days... I prefer it over the bracelet, and you know how awesome the bracelet is. :cheers:
  3. leopardprey

leopardprey

Silver Member
    One of the things that make owning a Panerai so appealing. The whole Strap Sub-Culture thing. There is a whole cult of strap collectors out there. Some even have large specially designed strap carrying cases. Some really interesting straps.. Can have just about anything custom made. Kind of cool, as you can have one Panerai watch, but then have 10 different straps of various colors, designs, etc. that completely alter the watch. My favorite strap was always the Baseball Straps, made out of soft Baseball glove leather, and a Buffalo Hide strap I have. I still have around half a dozen straps.
  4. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I see that I didn't negotiate hard enough with you. :lol: :justkidding:
  5. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Changing straps is so important to me that my next PAM will have the quick strap change mechanism. :thumbsup: I'll be able to change straps in less than a minute without risking putting scratches on the lugs. :cheers: