Took a trip to the Panerai AD this morning.

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by Xelor, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    My cheap watch winder broke the other night (thankfully I only paid $60 for it) so I went to check out the Wolf Winders at the AD's. While I was there I had a chance to leaf through the new Panerai catalog. Unfortunately it was the stores copy so I couldn't keep it, but I did get to check out the pages that had the new Manifattura models towards the back. The catalog looks just like the 2008 with a few extra pages (sorry I didn't peek at how many pages). They also gave me a run down on a few prices, the 312 was quoted at $7950.00 and the 320 was $8850.00 which was a bit higher than i had originally heard on line. I also asked about anticipated arrival times, they said Panerai was saying soon but they guys at the AD said they hear this every year from Panerai and then the stuff shows up later than anticipated. They offered to reserve one for me (for a $500 deposit) but I declined as the price is just too high for me to justify a 72 hour power reserve.

Think I'll give it a year or two then pick one up when someone flips one.

So I left with a single watch Wolf winder, as at the moment that's all I need because my Rolex sold the other night and is now gone. I did also grab a Panerai 2008 catalog as I never had one before.
  2. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Thanks for the info, Jeff! :goodpost:

I still want that Panerai 00312 badly... actually I have just been gazing at the pics of it on panerai.com :drooling: but right now I sincerely hope it will first come late in the year since I have other priorities (i.e.: mortgages) to concentrate on. :banghead:

Please post a pic of your Wolf winder when you get the time! Oh, and congrats on selling the Rolex. :cheers:
  3. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    Thanks Bo. I hadn't thought of taking a picture of the winder but I'll try snapping one later today when the sun comes around the back of my house and the lighting in my office improves.
  4. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Sounds like fun, Jeff! Thanks for giving us an update on the retail price of the highly anticipated PAM 312. :cheers: IMHO it's never a bad idea to buy preowned, as long as you know what you're doing. You can save hundreds, if not thousands of dollars this way. :thumbsup: :cheers:
  5. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    Agreed.

Check out this cool photo I came across.
    [​IMG]
  6. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Sounds great, Jeff! Nice picture there too! :cheers:
  7. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    I think I know where I've seen it. Stunning pic, Jeff! :thumbsup:
  8. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    Jeff,

Thanks for the information and cool picture.

John