Two Weeks and Counting with my Speedmaster

Discussion in 'Omega Watches' started by k.lange, Oct 30, 2012.

1. k.lange

k.lange

Premium Member
    So I've had my Speedy for a little over two weeks and love it more each day. I know that sounds a bit cheesy, but I am really appreciating how functional it is.

I know when I got my Bimmer my hunger for cars was satisfied and I read a lot less car magazines for example. With the Speedmaster I'm finding it's quite a different story. When I watch the second hand sweep or listen to the gears tick away I'm all the more drawn to watches and think about them more and want to understand more about how they work.

With all the character, history, beauty, and functionality this watch has it's the perfect watch for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  2. Carl

Carl

Premium Member
    Congratulations on the new Speedy!

Which model did you get? Would be great to see some pics/wrist shots when you get the time. Don't be bashful, everyone likes to see the pics even though you might think that you didn't take a good one.

Funny, after all the watches I have owned, it took me until 7 months ago to discover the Speedy. Only when Jeff bought one himself, did I really start to take notice. Now it occupies almost all of my wrist time.

I can understand your feelings about the Bimmer. Although I don't drive any more, I did have one in the early 90s. It was a beautiful little M3, and that 4 cylinder engine it has was fantastic. That car was not just a pleasure to drive fast and on the highway, it also handled itself beautifully around town. I had some pretty nice cars in my time, but that is the one I remember as being the most fun to drive.

Anyway, back to the Speedy. It always amazes me that it has been around since 1957, and the watch still looks fantastic. It is still one of the nicest looking chronographs around. I really didn't want or need a chronograph, but I went to it because it is a Speedy.

Hope you get every bit as much enjoyment out of it as your Bimmer!

Cheers,
    Carl
  3. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I'm glad you're enjoying your new Speedy. I'm enjoying mine equally as much. They're such great watches! :thumbsup:
  4. k.lange

k.lange

Premium Member
    Thanks Carl and Jeff!!

Carl - I really appreciate your comments. I bought a preowned Speedmaster Professional 3570.50 that's about 10 years old. I really enjoy the smoother sides of the older model and didn't mind saving a few bucks.

I actually did post pictures in a thread a couple weeks ago. I haven't mastered watch pictures like some have, but they turned out ok.

Yeah Bimmers are the best. So cool you got to own an M3!! Such an amazing car! I test drove the 2013 Audi A4 about a month ago. It's a great car and was more impressed than I had expected I would be. That being said it's definitely not as good as a Bimmer. I think Bimmers provide a more pure driving experience.

Yes this the Speedy is timeless. I really appreciate that Omega keeps the Speedy virtually the same as the original. It reminds me of Porsche's treatment of the 911. I'm so thankful that they keep virtually the same design year over year. Such a beautiful car. I hope to at least drive one if not own one some day. :)

Thanks again for your comments! I appreciate how kind people are at TKF. I told my girlfriend right after I showed her my Speedy that I was looking forward to getting on TKF and sharing the good news with you all! It's so great to have a place where we can share our love of watches and share our collections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  5. Carl

Carl

Premium Member
    I went back and found the thread from a couple weeks ago. Then I remembered!
    Thought your pics were very good, too.
    Cheers :cheers:
    Carl
  6. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    Again, congratulations on the Speedmaster. Your thoughts are quite normal.

John