Upset with Panerai Service!!! Where is my watch!

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by WatchTimes, Jul 9, 2009.

1. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    He's the brand manager of Scandinavia and Benelux countries... since the parts for your PAM 233 need to be sourced from abroad, he might be worth a shot.
  2. Xelor

Xelor

Silver Member
    I have to admit this is discouraging and was my main concern when buying a 312. Panerai needs to decide if its going to make more headway in the US they will need to improve their customer service record.
  3. morgman

morgman

Silver Member
    I am having a similar issue with brand new watch...less of a mechanical one, but the crystal was defective. It's been about a month at the service center, and the AD just got it back, with the SAME defect! (what the??) Totally annoying, esp for items that cost this much $$.
    :thinking:
  4. jamesp

jamesp

Bronze Member
    sorry to hear this, Jeremy. I totally understand how you feel. I hope you'll hear from them soon.

I had to send in my Zenith Defy several times (a total of 7-8 months of servicing, overhaul, change of movements) as well. In the end, they gave me a totally brand new watch to replace the problematic one. I've been patient with them because they didn't make me go in circles.

It's disheartening to know that reputable watch makers sometimes offer poor aftersales service. The worst aftersales experience i've ever had is Anonimo. You can never reach anyone (the receptionist will always tell you that they'll call you back but hell NO!!) and they don't respond to emails!
  5. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    The funny thing is that I posted this on another Panerai board and others reply
    Oh relax, you have other watches to wear, it can take 6-8 mths to get it back.

Excuse me??? WTF does it matter what else I own, this is unacceptable for a watch
    in the price range less than 2 years old. I am really sorry some people find it acceptable.

Thanks to everyone here for all of your support.

Just sucks as I know this is being sold for certain. Its left such a sour taste in my mouth there is no way I will keep it and them being so slow is just stopping me from getting something else... Anyway when I sell it someone will be lucky as it will be like new!!
  6. carbon6

carbon6

Premium Member
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
  7. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member

I totally agree with you on this, Jeremy. It does NOT matter if you have 1 watch or 100, the point is the repair or service process should NOT take that long. Sometimes when people love a brand (not all, but some) they develope what almost seems to be a religious following to it, with so much love and faith. Panerai is a great brand (and yes, all brands have their bad service stories) but this is just insane. It is not the early 1900's. We have such good shipping services and all that, there is no way a part can take this long nor should service. Not sure what the production numbers are for the brand but they need to be able to service all the watches they make with sensible turnaround times (espectially considering some are in-house!).

Hopefully over time this feeling can go away or be made up for but truly is terrible. As soon as it returns just do as you plan and sell it, buy some other watch / brand who has been better to you in the past :cheers:
  8. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    Oh I already know what I am getting with the funds from it.
    The 233 will be used to fund my GO Sports Evo Perp Cal
    or my Ti AP ROO....

Just depends on how much of my other stuff I sell and how quickly
    I get motivated to start listing it all...

I have too many watches I need to sell
  9. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Wow, yeah both of those choices you listed are stunning! Not to worry as the ball is in your court. Hopefully you can get the watches sold soon that you want gone and pick up one of those two asap. To be totally honest with you though, if you still do not have that Pam back in 1 - 2 months it would not shock me. Hopefully it can come back asap to speed up this process, that is just totally insane.
  10. 116520

Bronze Member
    I have a question... (actually two...) did they give you an est. time to repair the watch? They can't just hold on to your watch infinitely, right? Can you sue Panerai for this in the states?
  11. 116520

Bronze Member
    Maybe sue them for emtional distress??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
  12. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Frankly, I can't see any grounds for sueing them.. in fact the offered to exchange the dial and other parts -- for FREE -- yes, it's taking more time than expected but why sue them?
  13. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    Yes I should have had the watch over a mth ago to start
    then they updated and delayed it till the end of June.

No, I can't sue them for anything....
    Well then again with our legal system I am sure somehow I could try to sue
    them but only an attorney would make money and Id get laughed out of court.

BUT if anyone from Panerai is reading this I will gladly settle out of court right now
    for my 233 repaired and a 279, 243 heck even an 000 with logo HAHAHAHA
  14. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Your honour, I rest my case. :rofl:
  15. moby33

moby33

Bronze Member
    That sucks Jeremy, sorry to hear about your frustrating events. In this age of cell phones, internet and world-wide next day shipping, I'll never understand when companies say they need 2-3 months to get parts due to 'shipping' issues. If the parts are not available, fine, that's one thing (and still pretty frustrating), but just saying there will be a massive delay due to shipment issues never makes sense to me.

I suspect there is a lot more going on behind the curtain than they are letting on...and that too is annoying. I agree with your disappointment in the brand and can completely understand how this episode can sour your love of the watch (I would be doing the same thing). Good luck & I hope it is resolved relatively soon. :cheers:
  16. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    Sorry to hear about this mate. I would have thought that Panerai's customer service was right up there with Rolex, considering how much they cost.
  17. 116520

Bronze Member
    Jeremy, any news from Panerai? :thinking:
  18. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    And still no news from Panerai

We are waiting on parts sir....

BALONEY!

To say I am not happy is putting it nicely....
  19. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Did you try to get in contact with Hans Dekkers?
  20. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    Wow, that is unbelievable.

John