Upset with Panerai Service!!! Where is my watch!

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by WatchTimes, Jul 9, 2009.

1. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    I am sending a registered letter to them tomorrow, I want to say give me my watch fixed as new, a new watch or refund my money BUT I do not think that will get me far.

I do not know what to do at this point, I am frustrated to say the least!!!

The value of the watch keeps dropping with the market as well....
  2. DSimon9

DSimon9

Premium Member
    Jeremy, during my recent visit to Vegas I stopped at a local Panerai AD. I kind of casually mentioned your situation. I don't know all the details, but have a general idea of the trials and tribulation you are going through. His recommendation was to send it directly to Italy.

He was not too excited about the Panerai service center in the USA. He has been advising his customers to send their watches straight to Italy. I might have his contact information. Let me know, via PM, if you are interested, and I can give it to you.
  3. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    Thanks Dex but my watch is hostage in Fort Worth now :(

For the future it would be good to know about Italy IF I was ever going to even consider another Panerai in house movement BUT there is NOOOOOO way in the world I will EVER buy another in house of theirs after this.
  4. DSimon9

DSimon9

Premium Member
    It is a shame how the experience of a good watch is pretty much destroyed by the poor customer service. They put all that effort to develop the movement, market it, manufacture it, sale it, only to drop the ball on the support side.

Sorry to hear your experience has been so bad.
  5. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I'm beginning to wonder if they even know how to fix their own watches? :thinking:
  6. SSD

SSD

Premium Member
    Perhaps contacting their headquarters could assist in motivating the service center? Merely a thought, I'd be passing roth out of measure!
  7. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    Wow Jeremy, I can't imagine your frustration. I hope you do get this resolved soon.

John
  8. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    This is total madness. Do not know how any modern / new watch could possibly need to go out for service this long, ESPECTIALLY from a brand who seems to make very few watches compared to some others. Do not blame you for never buying a Panerai (or just an in house movement model) again. This is now beyond a bad taste being left with you...
  9. morgman

morgman

Silver Member
    Jeremy, I can't believe they still have not resolved this!?? :-(

It took a while, but they finally resolved my issue, but it's a longish story. The crystal on my original 243 was defective. It sat lower on one side than the other, and the beveling was different. At first my AD thought it could be the rubber gasket or seating, but after close inspection, he found that it was indeed the crystal. Panerai instructed us to send it to PSC.

A month or so later, he gets the watch back from them. The crystal was unchanged!! Not only that, but the underside was totally scratched up, like they had been sliding it around on a rusty steel table or something. (OMG!) Apparently they tried to say it "came in like that." LOL The watch was in new condition when it went in, maybe a week old.

That was obviously unacceptable, and after another month or so, finally they replaced it with a new one (thank you Panerai!). But we were both amazed at what happened to a mint/new condition watch when it set foot in PSC!!

For the price of these pieces, it is crazy that they don't have their service dept act together. I hope they sort it out soon for you.
  10. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    What a horror story! :yikes: :banghead:

I was beginning to crave for a PAM 312 again, but must admit that the socalled "service" of Panerai puts me off... :thumbsdown:
  11. SSD

SSD

Premium Member
    I would still like to have a 283, but after hearing this I am quite hesitant...
  12. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    Well I sent them a letter to the head of customer service
    I also sent a copy to their HQ as if it matters.

We shall see.

I told them this was absurd as I was promised my watch back over 2 mths ago
    and have not been able to get an update.

I told them they can either fix my watch as good as new and send it back right away, they can send me a new 233 or they can give me credit towards purchasing another model. Id be happiest with credit towards something else BUT I know that wont happen.
  13. T-R

T-R

Silver Member
    You still didn't receive your 233? DAMN!!!
  14. Elmo

Elmo

Bronze Member
    I had a problem with USA service until I got someone on the telephone. Their move from NYC to Texas wasn't very long ago and I don't think they have their act together.

BTW the watches are made in Switzerland