vintage piaget depose

Discussion in 'Other Watch Brands' started by kenny, Jan 28, 2011.

1. kenny

kenny

TKF Newbie
    i have a Piaget (model) Depose wrist watch, weighs in at 82 grams of solid 18k in great condition, any idea of what its worth? an it dont take batterys its a wind up watch, brought it to a pawn shop an they said theyll buy it for the gold, thats all, where could i sell something like this? ok guys! thanks!!

Kenny
  2. Vincent65

Vincent65

Silver Member
    Got any photos? You can get an idea of value from looking for similar watches for sale, maybe on ebay. Or, contact auction houses to get an estimate...
  3. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    I'm not up to date on Piaget watches but if you've got some pics that'd help.

Cheers
  4. Aerome

Aerome

TKF Newbie
    A Piaget is a top name. The pawn shop would buy it for the gold and sell the watch to a collector. Piaget supplied movements for many various jewelers, all high quality.

Isn't there someone in the club that has an auction house? Thought I saw him post.
  5. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Welcome to TKF, Kenny! :cheers:
  6. Vincent65

Vincent65

Silver Member
    That's right, Piaget is never mentioned on here, but they are TOP QUALITY and very highly revered. Ultra classy and refined, which probably explains the first sentence! Kidding :thumbsup:
  7. jwolf

jwolf

TKF Newbie
    We have sold many Piagets at auction. With gold being in the $1300 range it is hard to tell if a watch as heavy as your 82 gram Piaget will bring more than melt. A lot depends on condition and the model or style. Also if the band is an integral type that has been shortened it can be a problem. Past sales results can be found in our searchable (and free)auction archive database. Just sign in, click auction archives, search in timepieces and enter "Piaget". Also remember that auction houses charge a buyers premium so that can must be taken into consideration when we decide if a watch is a good candidate to surpass gold value and cover the buyers premium.

Hope this helps,

Jim Wolf
    Director of Timepieces
    Heritage Auctions
    www.ha.com
  8. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    The Depose is not a desired model at all.
    It was a entry level model to start with and mainly made in
    the womens model but they made a mens for those who had
    to have a matching watch to their wives.

It a very 70's Miami Vice look

There were a few variations of design.
    All were quartz.
    Some came in White Gold.

Here is a pic of couple variations.

Value is nothing really on them especially since it
    is a quartz so the movement is worthless.

Do some more research (I see you have posted this ? on every watch board and Q&A board out there)
    before you sell it at my advice as I am no expert but I am willing to bet this is one of those rare situations
    where due to the lack of interest in this model and the value of gold you really will likely be selling it for melt
    value but Id still wait and see if it keeps going up.

Also, you did not say if your local watch shop opened it or not. There are quite a few fakes out there of this
    model... Piaget has always been popular in Asia and Asia is home of the knock offs.

Attached Files:

9. GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

Banned
    Hi Kenny
    First welcome.
    'Piaget is the best, least respected company in the business' But Piaget have been making OUTstanding watches / movements, for longer than most watch brands have been in existance!

You own a Piaget? I never met anyone that owned a Piaget, it is an OUTSTANDING watch (movement), even the the gold is worth a fortune. E mail/PM some details, I will offer MORE than the gold price.
    I would love to own a Piaget.
  10. Vincent65

Vincent65

Silver Member
    Well said, Adam. My Aunt owns a stunning platinum Piaget, with a sapphire in the crown. Molto eleganti! Hand wound movement. I think it was nearly 30,000 bucks about 30 years ago! I'll try to get a pic of it when I next go there...
  11. GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

Banned
    Wow! Karl. Get that picture . $30K - 30 yrs ago. WOW! I got to see it
  12. Vincent65

Vincent65

Silver Member
    I will, it's a lovely oval shape, with Roman numerals, if memory serves... Integrated and very fine 'chain-mail' type bracelet.
  13. castor111

castor111

TKF Newbie
    Hi need some help with this and comments please

Attached Files: