Your best wrist shot!!!

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by colemanitis, Oct 7, 2008.

1. leopardprey

leopardprey

Silver Member
    Great photos all!!!!!

Jeff, you mentioned awhile back that all my post and photos of my Panerais made you miss having a Panerai. Well, your photos make me miss my GMT II-C !!!!!!
  2. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I have to limit the number of Panerais that I look at. If I look at too many I get tempted to flip my Rolex for one. I did this once and it didn't work out too well... lost some money and missed my Rolex badly. :banghead: I still would LOVE to have a PAM, but I'll have to wait for better days. I'm sure I'll have one soon enough. :thumbsup:
  3. leopardprey

leopardprey

Silver Member
    Well, sometimes I think I have spent too much time and money on this watch obsession!! Better to have just one good high end watch (maybe two at the most) and be content with it and get on! The GMT II-C is a great choice in that regards. As much as I like Panerai, there is something special about a Rolex. All those years of marketing brainwashing and advertisements! LOL LOL Do miss having a SS Bracelet watch. IT is either the GMT II -C or IWC Ingenieur Chronpgraph or Cartier Roadster GMT to fill that gap for me.
  4. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Could not agree with you more Chad :thumbsup:
  5. John Eaton

John Eaton

Bronze Member
    DSSD vs. 14060M test at 5,700 feet

So everyone has an opinion of the DSSD, you love it or hate it, there seems no middle ground.

And everyone blogs that 12,800 feet is SO unnecessary.

Sunday morning we decided to test the DSSD and a 14060M at 5,700 feet to see if either watch suffered ill effect.

The following photo was taken shortly after descending from around 5000 feet...

[​IMG]
  6. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one, that seems like a lot of fun :cheers:
  7. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Hot air balloon? Nice wrist(s) shot! Does your wife usually wear a Sub? I think a full sized Rolex looks great on a woman! :thumbsup: :cheers:
  8. John Eaton

John Eaton

Bronze Member
    Yes, hot air balloon over Las Vegas... And she seems to wear the Sub quite often... I love a full sized Rolex on a woman :thumbsup:
  9. leopardprey

leopardprey

Silver Member
    Awesome photo John!!!! Thanks for posting. That is why Rolex Watches have that safety clasp!!!!!!!!!
  10. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    I'ed say! Truly can be a life saver (well the watches life). One thing I prefer is the double locking clasp because sometimes you just never know! :yahoo:
  11. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    Some superb wrist shots guys! Love those GMT shots.:thumbsup:
    Here's a few of mine over the years.
    Just own the 1680 at the moment.

Attached Files:

12. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Pete, those are stunning :cheers:
  13. John Eaton

John Eaton

Bronze Member
    Nice photos and a great watch you have there Peter :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I suppose a deep sea falling from 5000 feet could cause quite an impact... BBAAAAMM

PS: Pete, Why did you flip your LV and DSSD ? You couldn't have had the DSSD for more than just a few months.
  14. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Oh I know Pete sold the DSSD to fund a new family car not long ago, not sure of the LV he will have to explain the reason for that :cheers:
  15. John Eaton

John Eaton

Bronze Member
    Thanks, didn't mean to get too personal. I love my LV and DSSD, I was just hoping Pete was happy with them. There seem to be SO many bashers of the DSSD and a few of the LV on some of the other forums.

I am so tired of the bashing...:thumbsdown:

If you don't like something just don't buy it, be happy there is another watch enthusiast :thumbsup:
  16. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Lol I know, different strokes for different folks but some do not yet understand this personal prefrence thing. I personally LOVE the 16610 LV and DSSD. The only thing I would change on the LV would just be the centre links, if they were solid it would be more than 110% :drool: for me but it is still a fantastic watch, would love to own one some day.
  17. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    John,

I had the DSSD for about 14 days but had some problems with resizing the bracelet properly despite it having the GlideLock. I went back and forth with removing a link or two from either side of the bracelet and even un-installing the diver's link but never really got the watch to fit me right.

Otherwise, I do like the watch and actually nearly bought another one soon after I flipped it but got second thoughts about it and let it go.

It IS a nice watch - no doubt about it - but just not for everyone. :cheers:
  18. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    G'day John, I loved every Rolex I have had, but unfortunately I have a bad habit of flipping them for another one.:dummy:

Very briefly I had the DeepSea and 1680 Sub and then we needed a new car...urgently. The 1680 was so hard to find and would be hard to replace so I let the DSSD go....with a lot of regret. Helluva watch!

I had the LV Sub back in 2006 and sold it earlier this year and put the funds towards the DSSD. Another great watch.

I just wish I had the means to own several Rollies and I'd be one happer camper.

:cheers:
  19. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    You're not alone there, Pete.
  20. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Yeah it's ok though, one Rolex is still a VERY nice thing and all a person truly needs for use :)