90 day check-in with the Seiko MM300

Discussion in 'Watch Reviews' started by rockmastermike, Aug 20, 2012.

1. rockmastermike

rockmastermike

Bronze Member
    so it's been roughly 90 days, give or take, with the MM300 and 3 months is a record, or close to it, for me and a particualar watch.
    It has been, for the most part a daily wearer for me, what follows is a collection of random thoughts or basically things I notice during the day:

balance between polished and brushed on the case is remarkably well done. top of the lugs are brushed as well as the equator of the case. Instead of being a straight line, the case expands out from the bezel and then draws back in toward the bottom of the case. Definition between the lines is crisp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hands are the standard by what all hands should be measured against. again, a sublime combination of brushed and polished catch and play with light. Also, the date wheel is neither black or white, it is metallic - a nice touch that while might be lost on average joe...average joe won't buy this watch, it is a feature that will be apprecited by WIS type folk.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the bezel is a signature piece of the watch and has an "enamel" look to it, whatever it is filled with or finish is applied it shines and is a joy to look at. mileage may vary but my bezel is a smooth-tight and rachets around in 120 smooth clicks. No play whatsoever and won't move unless I move it. yes, it shows fingerprints, but that is why God made shirts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quick note on the crystal - people like to swap it out for a sapphire one, but I have no reason to to do so. As I said, this on is strapped to my wrist 95%+ of the time the last 3 months through thick and thin and have not once thought it would better with sapphire.

the bracelet has been oft discussed for both good and bad. long links "could" make it tough to find a perfect fit, but for me, no such problem. just a link out and micro adjust on the clasp and we are dialed in. Expandable clasp is pretty cool, too and practical. when on, the bracelet is comfortable, not too heavy and easy on the wrist for long periods of time

[​IMG]

Does size matter?!? I've heard some people sold theirs because it was too small and in today's world, it may be considered small by some. I (unscientifically) measured it as 40 across the bezel and 42 at the equator. the height is a common concern as it can be top heavy at times - if you wear a strap really loose. I find it extremely comfortable - my flat wrist helps I imagine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the MM300 is iconic, if not historic, and a serious watch. For me, it is all of those, plus a fun and easy to wear and easy to enjoy all around superb watch.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, lume is elite, too

[​IMG]
  2. cw2

cw2

Silver Member
    Great review....A little "Eye-Candy" Or just sweet on SEIKO ?
  3. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I enjoyed reading this. Love the pics too! :thumbsup:
  4. rockmastermike

rockmastermike

Bronze Member
    Thanks, guys, I appreciate it, but the credit goes to the MM300 as it goves plenty of good material to post about
  5. daveathall

daveathall

Premium Member
    One of my favourite watches of all time. Thank you very much for your thoughts and photos, really enjoyed them. :thumbsup:
  6. bridgs

bridgs

Premium Member
    Liked your review and pics as well. Thanks !!