A Tutima Story

Discussion in 'Watch Reviews' started by Hans, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Hans

Hans

Bronze Member
    Tutima is a watch brand from Germany. They have just recently announced the introduction of of an all in house movement. Now the movement and module are considered by most as some of the finest Europe has ever produced. It was made by ETA strictly for Sinn, Tutima and one other house. Sinn and the others, not Tutima, stopped using it several years a go. And it was only a question of time before N. Hyak, chairman of ETA, among other, decided to stop as the the stamps, gears and everything were worn out. The chronograph module is considered as one of the finest if not the finest ever produced. The Tutima watches are standard issue to the German and other NATO countries. This I can attest to, prior to my retirement from the USAF reserve, assigned at Holloman AFB IN New Mexico, I saw every German member of the the German contingent sported a SS and 18k YG Tutima. Not only has Tutima produced their own movement and module, they relocated a portion of production to a new facility in the same town as Glasshaus, Lange. Tutima has been in the watchmaking business since 1927. WWII threw a wrench at Tutima, along with other notable German brands. Tutima now has three manufacturing facilities in Germany. In the US they have a distribution and full service center. They have a web site and it maybe worth a look.
  2. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Thanks, Hans! :thumbsup:
  3. daveathall

daveathall

Premium Member
    I agree. I have had a number of Tutima watches and can attest to their quality. :thumbsup:
  4. Kiwi

Kiwi

Premium Member
    Great info, Mate.:thumbsup:

Haven't really heard much about this brand, but certainly have a dig around.:cheers:
  5. DSimon9

DSimon9

Premium Member
    I just visited the web site. Some very nice looking watches. I can see trouble brewing. :yikes:
  6. Carl

Carl

Premium Member
    Thanks, Hans! I was very close to picking up a Tutima Flieger 1941 a year or so ago. I was so impressed with the watch. I had been looking for some time for a manual wind watch. However, along came my Speedy so the Tutima never came to pass.

You might be interested in the thread I made about the Flieger a couple of years ago:
    http://www.timekeeperforum.com/show...hronograph-1941&highlight=tutima flieger 1941

Moving forward, there is another AD in Vancouver that now carries Tutima. One of my favourite ADs, where I bought a number of Breitlings.

I will make a point to go on the Tutima website, and take a look at the new movement.

Cheers :cheers:
    Carl