Chase-Durer Pilot Commander XVI

Discussion in 'Watch Reviews' started by RW16610, Sep 22, 2008.

1. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    I got this last year pretty much as a "beater" watch for my dad to use. We first found out about this brand many years ago (1999 or 2000 ish from a magazine ad) and he has liked it since then. Anyways he forgot it at home today so I noticed it after taking a shower then gave it a cleaning for the hell of it. Here are some pictures of the watch. Have to say, best quality for this price I have ever seen in my life so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This as you can see is just a Quartz one but they have a few others:

http://www.chase-durer.com/

The Automatics have ETA Movements.
  2. DSimon9

DSimon9

Premium Member
    Nice watch Rommel, sure has a busy dial. What do all the numbers represent?
  3. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Thanks and those are for the "Slide rule bezel". Chase-Durer code names it the E6B. This PDF file tells you the basics and I have no idea how to use it as the actual electronic flight computer is easier lol. They stopped using this style in the late 1960's. Anyways here is the PDF:

http://www.chase-durer.com/pdfs/E6B_bez ... ctions.pdf

Also on the home page it says this at the bottom:

"Chase-Durer pilot watches are worn by combat pilots of the 121st Fighter Squadron, and the 34th & 37th Bomb Squadrons pilots. Our pilot watches are also worn by the USAF Thunderbirds pilots, B-52 Weapons School pilots, U.S. Air Force Academy pilots and U.S. Navy Top Gun pilots. Chase-Durer pilot watches, military watches and aviation watches are worn by professional pilots worldwide."

Pretty cool, never liked them enough to buy myself one but for the MSRP of this, the fact you get a solid bracelet, Sapphire crystal and a watch that weighs pretty much the same as my Omega SeaMaster (150 grams) is not too bad.
  4. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Imageshack must be down at the moment since I can't load the pics nor get them by copying the url..

Anyway, checked the site you linked to and agree that the watch does look like excellent value for the money! :thumbsup:
  5. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Yeah hopefully Imageshack goes back up soon. There watches beat anything I ever seen here in normal jewellery stores at local malls who sell brands like Citizen, Seiko etc. They do not even have the "Good" Seiko's either but does not matter to me really, just a shame.