Everest Band - Partial Review

Discussion in 'Watch Reviews' started by Baco Noir, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    I talked to Mike via PM earlier in the week and he said he didn't have any for the SD but would send me one for a Sub if I wanted one, which was fine by me. When I got home on Saturday from a business trip, my Everest Band had arrived. Since I don't have a Sub, I am sending this one to a TKF-er who has done a lot for other forum members in the past as a surprise gift instead of keeping it.

But before I did, I wanted to check it out and take some pictures for others to see it here.

The packaging is simple, but classy...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The strap comes with two spingbars too...[​IMG]

The finish on the rubber looks very smooth and the edges nicely formed...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One thing I did notice is a small bump (imperfection?) on the end link portion of the strap left of center and it's on both pieces as shown below....
    [​IMG]

Not sure if the other straps sent out also have this or if this is only associated with the one I received. If I had paid the MSRP for this rather than it being a gift, I would return it due to that imperfection.

Overall it looks like well made and Mike says they are going to be working on a full rubber strap with a buckle in the future and I do look forward to seeing that and trying one out if they make it for the SD case.
  2. carbon6

carbon6

Premium Member
    I don't see those bumps on mine. Perhaps there was something in the mold when making that batch.
  3. Tudor 7928

Tudor 7928

Premium Member
    The prototype(freebie) I got as a gift has massive dimples where it attaches to the case.
  4. Vincent65

Vincent65

Silver Member
    oh dear - lumps, for 200 bucks - is that the price?
  5. aquajoe

aquajoe

Silver Member
    Price is $135
  6. SLRdude

SLRdude

Silver Member
    Looking good!

I too received mine just the other day. All I have to do now is get around to testing it on the watch but that might take a while since I do not have the tools (or guts) needed to take apart the bracelet.
  7. Vincent65

Vincent65

Silver Member
    thanks for that - even so...
  8. Korean Cowboy

Korean Cowboy

That could make it more collectible! :rocker:
  9. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    Are you serious? Would you accept those kind of imperfections in a paint job for your car and consider it collectible?
  10. Korean Cowboy

Korean Cowboy

LOL I'm obviously looking at it from a different perspective than you are. To each their own.
  11. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    If it were an imperfection from a premium watchmaker that made it past their QA\QC program like the ivory dialed Exp II or the spider webbed dial Sub dials, then I could see it becoming a collector's items and the current prices support that, but from a start-up charging a premium price for an afermarket product, I just see it as poor QC.

Since you blog about cars, let's use a car analogy. If there was an aftermarket maker of let's say chrome exhausts that discolored or body kits that bubbled up under the paint - would you see those as "collectible"? :thinking:
  12. Korean Cowboy

Korean Cowboy

LOL fair enough. I'm a collector of a few things, especially anything car-related (like Hot Wheels, Matchbox, and especially 1/18th scale cars and motorcycles, preferably European makes), so I was looking at it from that perspective.

Who knows? Maybe one day those Everest prototypes will be really valuable...
  13. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Dimples/imperfections should be expected. The band pictured is a prototype, afterall. :cheers:
  14. DeepSea12800

DeepSea12800

Premium Member
    Looks Great , must see on the watch. To me being a freebie I cannot complain. I'll take it but for $150 ,yes I send it back for replacement. And after all the freebie is just for testing and review so if it works for me then I would pluk down the cash expecting a perfect one sent to me. My 2 cents worth.
  15. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    Jeff - since there was so much miscommunication with me on getting my prototype, they sent me on of the first production models from the Kickstarter campaign. This was not a prototype. (http://www.timekeeperforum.com/topi...-%96-poor-customer-service-communication.html)

BTW - I didn't drag this old thread up, but since it was I do want to keep the record straight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  16. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    That was my bad. For some reason I thought you had a prototype band. :dummy:
  17. Korean Cowboy

Korean Cowboy

Was there any resolution to this?
  18. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    I gave the strap away to a friend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Korean Cowboy likes this.
  19. pawnshopkiller

pawnshopkiller

Premium Member