Glashutte Navigator

Discussion in 'Watch Reviews' started by leopardprey, Nov 29, 2008.

1. leopardprey

leopardprey

Silver Member
    What a great watch. Been wearing this the last week. Have owned now for 2 months. This watch is so classic looking! Great Lumination. Looks like a vintage watch, but with a modern Glashutte In-House Caliber 100 movement, that has proven to be spot on accurate, only looses or gains around 1-2 seconds a day. Do not have a photo, but put the watch on a Black Zulu strap yesterday and it has been very comfortable this way. A Dial I never get tired of looking at!!

Attached Files:

2. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Nice review, Chad! :thumbsup:

The GO Navigator sure is a superb watch!
  3. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Chad, that watch looks amazing, espectially the caseback & movement! :yahoo:
  4. daveathall

daveathall

Premium Member
    Stunning Chad, love it.
  5. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Beautiful watch, Chad! :thumbsup:
  6. Cmaster03

Cmaster03

Silver Member
    Awesome watch! I've always liked the Big Pilot's watches...and that one is probably the primo modern example! Beautiful, wonderful quality.
  7. leopardprey

leopardprey

Silver Member
    Yep, it is 44mm, and the case is around 12.5 mm thick, so wears very thin. Very comfy on the wrist.

I have to admit, the above photos are not mine. I actually have the Solid Case Back model. This year the see through case back model came out. But, I actually prefer the SS Case back, as more traditional, Plus I know what the movement looks like. GO offered for $300 to swap out the case back with a sapphire crystal case back, but I will keep it SS case back.

The watch has that real classic military look, especially on the Zulu straps. This is one watch I do not think I will ever flip.

The second reset button at 7 o'clock is a nice feature also. Actually, from what I have read, this feature puts less stress on the movement, than a seconds stop function from the crown being pulled out.

I would also like to get the Navigator Chrono version in the future.

The hands on the watch are Blued, which is a very nice touch. The color changes with the light. Sometimes they are dark navy blue or black and sometimes a little bright blue if the light catches the hands just right.

I can not again explain the top quality of this watch.
  8. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Very unique that the Arabic numerals 5, 15, 25 etc. are non luminous.