I won’t mention which one, but it rhymes with Ruffalo Child Sings

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by zhangzk, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:35 PM.

1. zhangzk

zhangzk

TKF Newbie
    10 Things I think I thought after the Steelers’ horrible Week 2 loss to the Chiefs Still no local broadcast of the game where I live Youth Jesse James Jersey , so I was back at a wings joint. Let’s get to it.Watching this game would have been painful and unpleasant had I not had my beloved wife with me. Before their fourth touchdown was taken off the board, it looked like we would be down 28-0 in the first quarter, which must be a first in Steeler history, if not NFL history. Extrapolated out that would have been a 112-0 game.Keith Butler must be the Bob Dole of defensive coordinators. Dole was made the Republican presidential nominee in 1996 because of his charisma. No, that’s not it. Because of his economic genius. No, that’s not it. Because “it was his turn.” Yeah, that was it. Maybe cutting a Hall of Fame coordinator for a guy in the wings was a bad idea.It’s one thing to believe your press clippings after a 13-3 season. Altogether another to do so for your first two games. The Steelers, to riff on Dennis Green, are not who they think they are. Waving press clippings and Vegas odds at your opponent is not a path to victory.I had half a mind to stop my piece right here. Three and out, just like our offense in the first quarter.“Miscommunication” cannot be the problem with the defense because the whole world is reading this message loud and clear- “We stink.”It is not a sin to order a burger at a wings place, especially if the burger is as good as the one I had.The notion that Bell was crying in his soup after week one and dancing in the streets after week two is just silly. The sad truth is he cares as much about James Conner’s performance as he does the other 52 guys on the roster. If he cared one way or the other he would be on the field.You can’t say that Bud Dupree didn’t make his presence known in this game. I noticed him early on, ten yards behind Mahomes as he threw his second, no his third, no, his fourth TD pass- who can remember?- giving him a neighborly wave as he went by.Coaching cliches will not fix what ails us. Coaching, on the other hand, could conceivably do the trick. Time may tell Womens Maurkice Pouncey Jersey , but Tomlin is not real good with time. Seriously, how do you give the Browns their first half-victory in a year and a half, and then not be preparedfor your next game? I get the danger of panic, but I also get the danger of lacking urgency. When the Titanic first hit the iceberg, calm was needed. When its tallest smokestack went under, it was too late.[​IMG]This week, Monday night on national TV,is a “home” game for me. And I’m grateful my hope will have an extra day to heal. It got banged up pretty bad.Bonus Thought- It takes three things for Ben to throw 60 passes for over 450 yards, none of them good. 1. Weak run game. 2. Being behind, way behind. 3. Having your opponent not only score often, but score quickly. I suspect KC lost time of possession, which is easy to do when you find it so easy to score.Analyzing the Steelers Week 2 loss to the Chiefs, by the numbers 42 points.When a team gives up 42 points it’s extremely difficult to win the game (last year‘s playoff game excluded). That’s 42 points surrendered at home. It’s 42 points entirely surrendered by the defense. There were no special-teams scores or TDs off of turnovers. 42 points...Sunday was the most points the Steelers have surrendered as a defense in the history of Heinz Field. It’s the second-most points given up all time, with their final outing of last season being the worst – a 45-42 playoff loss to Jacksonville last January. But even that game had a defensive touchdown. So Sunday was the worst Steelers’ defensive performance in the history of Heinz Field — period.42 points!Out of 12 KC possessions, six of them ended in touchdowns. The six non-scoring drives included two which ended the first half and the game. That only leaves two 2nd-quarter punts along with a safety and a fumble in the fourth quarter. That equates to the Chiefs having success on 6 out of 10 drives. Leading to 42 points.60 pass attemptsBen Roethlisberger had the second-most pass attempts ever in a single game during his career. The only time he’s attempted more passes in a game was last December in the 39–38 win over the Ravens. In that game, Ben threw 66 times with 44 completions for 506 yards. He threw two touchdowns and no interceptions. That was in a victory.The numbers show that the more Ben has had to throw the ball, the worse the results for the Steelers. In regular season games where Ben has thrown 40 or more pass attempts, the Steelers are 17-31. BecauseB Roethlisberger has an overall record of 136-65-1 Womens Terrell Edmunds Jersey , this means 47.7% of his losses have come when he’s been forced to put the ball in the air 40 or more times. Only 12.5% of his victories have come when he’s thrown the ball that much. Additionally, the Steelers are 0-6 in playoff games when Ben has thrown 40-plus times. There are nine regular season games in Roethlisberger’s career where he’s thrown the ball 50 or more times. In those games, the Steelers are 3-6. Until this past Sunday, every time Ben has thrown the ball 50 times or more, the Steelers have won provided that he had a positive TD-to-INT comparison (more touchdowns than interceptions). This past Sunday changed that because...0 Turnovers This is the number that really has me perplexed. After six turnovers last week, the Steelers didn’t turn the ball over once. Other than allowing a long punt-return on a short kick on the first possession, the defense wasn’t put in a bad spot. They just got beat straight-up. This was only the ninth game since 2001 that the Steelers have lost when they didn’t turn the ball over, with the last game being November 13, 2016 at home against Dallas. Out of those nine games, this was only the fifth game in which the Steelers forced at least one turnover, didn’t lose a turnover, yet still lost the game.42 Points, 60 Pass Attempts, and 0 Turnovers.These three stats combined just go to show how historically awful the defense played on Sunday. I’m not ready to say they’re a historically bad defense, but this game was an embarrassing performance. The number this defense needs to focus on is eight. Eight days will pass from this performance until they get to play again and show they can be better than the product they put on the field in Week 2.