Just a little DeepSea info>>>>>

Discussion in 'Rolex Watches' started by Jocke, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Jocke

Jocke

Premium Member
  2. frostie

frostie

Bronze Member
    waaaahahahahaha

I check my thread too :lol:
  3. Jocke

Jocke

Premium Member
    I'm always fast, just ask my wife. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jocke
  4. frostie

frostie

Bronze Member
    OMG :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
  5. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    GREAT information there, Jocke! :thumbsup:
  6. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    :goodpost: Great information, Jocke! :thumbsup:
  7. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    :lol: Nice one, Jocke, good info :cheers:
  8. Freddy

Freddy

Bronze Member
    Now that's some awesome information!!!
  9. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    Jocke,

Some excellent information. :goodpost:

John
  10. Dolphin23

Dolphin23

Silver Member
    Very nice, great information Jocke... I had one in my hands today, is very :coolanimated: but the lady told me sorry no discount on this one :cry: :nono:
  11. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    Fantastic stuff Jocke. First time I've seen that info in English. Thanks!!

That info on the bezel explains the silky smooth precise action on the DSSD.
    There's some amazing engineering in this watch.
  12. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Yeah, it's quite a sensation to feel and hear the fine clicks when turning that bezel! The bezel turns a bit too easily for my liking, though.

BTW.: I noticed that it says about the Deepsea Sea-Dweller that only trained watchmakers are to open the watch. My AD has still not bought the water resistance equipment (costs 70.000 US Dollars, btw.!!), but states that he does have the right tools to open it. I hope he's right since from looking at the milled edge of the steel ring securing the caseback, it does seem to need another kind of key (i.e.: larger) than the ones I have seen before.

Thing is that I would like to have my Deepsea Sea-Dweller regulated since it's losing 3-4 seconds a day. :banghead:

Now, would you have it done?
  13. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    Yep, I'd get done. I hate it when they run slow.
    I think your AD is pulling your leg re the price of the testing gear though.
    Do have a RSC close by? I am postive they would have the gear.
    They've got the gear here in the Oz RSC IIRC and our market is a lot smaller than yours in Europe.
  14. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    The AD is actually right. If he wants to provide the service for customers to test the Rolex Deepsea Sea-Dweller for water resistance, he has to buy the testing machine specially made for the purpose. The equipment is NOT lent out and costs DKR. 350,000. Alternative is to have the Deepsea Sea-Dweller sent to nearest RSC which (as you stated) has the testing machine. The machine tests the Deepsea Sea-Dweller to 4,400 metres, btw., and not the 3,900 metres it's guaranteed to handle.
  15. ebueso1970

ebueso1970

Silver Member
    Accuracy

Hi Bo,

Seems like I've heard this story before!:thinking: Hmmmmmmm! A new Rolex model with the parachrom hairspring loosing seconds a day!!! Go figure!:yikes:
    I'm telling you....there is something fishy going on about this new hairspring. I keep hearing these reports on slow rates!:banghead:

I guess I'll stick with the old 3135 models without parachrom hairspring for a while! Heeee!

Rgds,:cheers:
    Ed
  16. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    While my Rolex Sea-Dweller with Cal. 3135 has been virtually spot on for a week, my Deepsea Sea-Dweller seems to lose 4 seconds a day! :banghead:

I have never owned a Rolex watch that was so close to being off COSC specs. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Funny thing is that 99 % of the Rolex Deepsea Sea-Dweller owners on a German watch forum report the same thing: Nearly all of the Deepsea's are slow; the worst one being 6 seconds slow a day. :thumbsdown:

I am going to monitor it closely for 14 days starting from today, write down the daily diviations each day and then divide the total by 14 to get the average loss. After that, I will hand my AD the note, tell him about my wearing habits, ask him to compare my results with the time machine so see if the results match and then have him regulate the watch accordingly.
  17. ebueso1970

ebueso1970

Silver Member
    I'm telling you Bo, we should further look into this and find out if the parachrom blue hairspring is really behind all these slow rates!! I think it is way too much coincidence that almost 95+% of owners of Rolex with parachrom blue hairspring report their timepieces loosing secs a day!

Ed
  18. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    Bo,

Is the water resistant equipment $70,000 USD? Wow!

John
  19. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Yes, or Danish Kroner 350.000. That's what my AD told me. He did not seem to be pulling my leg (as was suggested earlier in this thread). He's going to buy the equipment. :cheers:
  20. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    What is also interesting to read in the specs is the following that is said below the first pic of the Deepsea Sea-Dweller:

"Imcompatible with Ref. 16600."

Well, to a degree, since the movement is the same (Cal. 3135) with the only difference being that the Cal. 3135 in the Deepsea Sea-Dweller has the Parachrome Bleu hairspring. So in theory, the "ordinary" Cal. 3135 could be put inside the Deepsea, and vice versa the Cal. 3135 with PB h/s could be installed in the Sea-Dweller 16600 (and other watches with the "ordinary" Cal. 3135, for that matter).

So I would not be surprised if we will see the PB h/s in the conventional Cal. 3135 in near future, too.

Otherwise - apart from maybe the hands (compare the Maxi hands of the Rolex GMT II 1167XX's and (to an extend) the Submariner Date "LV") - indeed, NOTHING on the 16600 seems to be able to be compatible, even the TripLock crown is larger than usual.