My Chimera B&B purchase from Demetre Jewelers (warning, lots of pics and comparisons)

Discussion in 'U-Boat Watches' started by nweash, Jan 9, 2013.

1. nweash

nweash

TKF Newbie
    First of all, please pardon my lack of camera skills and ideal lighting for some of these.

I've been browsing around the internet for the past month or so trying to find the best place to make my purchase. I saw a few options in Europe, but getting it through customs just seemed like a hassle and even more $$$$.

I decided to private message Peter from Demetre Jewelers on here Sunday night (1/6). I was quite pleasantly surprised to have an email from him by the time I woke up the next day. A few exchanges to make sure we were on the same page and it was just the easiest most pleasant purchase I've made. He was outgoing, communicative, and very helpful in making sure I got exactly what I wanted. So I purchased it Tuesday, and here it now sits on my wrist the very next day across the country in California. 112 of 300.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its 46mm w/o crown so I compared it to some others I have:

Compared to my Flightdeck MSG 50mm
    [​IMG]

Compared to my Classico AS 53mm
    [​IMG]

Compared to my Nixon Capital Automatic 42x46mm, no laughs at nixon please =)
    [​IMG]

And lastly I did a thickness comparison of all my U-boats. Bottom to top: (Chimera, Classico, Flightdeck, and a 53mm Left Hook Auto Carbon Fiber)
    [​IMG]

All in all it was a great transaction, and if I see another watch I cannot live without, Peter will definitely be the first to hear about it.

P.S. Let me know if anyone wants me to take any additional photos of something specific.
  2. aquajoe

aquajoe

Silver Member
    Welcome to TKF! Thanks for jumping right in with a great first post :thumbsup: congratulations on your new watch. Stick around and you'll see that no one on this forum is going to flame you for a specific brand that you like or own. Great group of folks.
    There's something about a bronze watch that really intrigues me. Don't think I could pull off that kind of size though :thinking:
  3. SLRdude

SLRdude

Silver Member
    Re:

Great post.
    Great watch.
    Great seller.

From the looks of it, great buyer too.

Welcome to TKF!

Sent from Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
  4. z32turbo

z32turbo

Premium Member
    Congrats, you have quite a nice collection!!!
  5. kingel

kingel

Premium Member Staff Member
    N-
    Wow! Thanks for the great pics and especialy the kind words! It was a pleasure on my end as well! I really enjoy the interaction from this forum and with fellow watch fans.

You picked a great watch. The U-51 style case is just beautiful, the latest introductions from U-boat are their best ever IMO. It's early to start making Basel watchshow predictions, but I am betting U-Boat continues to expand the U-51 collection.

Do me a favor and post some picts down the road so we can see the Bronze patina!
    Enjoy! Thanks again! P
  6. Baco Noir

Baco Noir

Premium Member
    Welcome to the forum and what an entrance! :goodpost:

Of all the U-boats I've seen pictures of, that bronze one is one I'd really like to see in person. :love:

Congrats on the new watch and oh yeah, Peter rocks as a seller! :rocker:
  7. Erwin

Erwin

Silver Member
    Nice acquisition...great watches! Please enjoy your stay and welcome to TKF!
  8. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Congrats on your new U-Boat! Peter's the best, I've bought a few watches from him. :thumbsup: Welcome to the forum! :cheers:
  9. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    Agree with the others in that is a great introduction and purchase for your collection. Welcome to TKF.

John
  10. U-boat tsunami

U-boat tsunami

Silver Member
    Congratulations champ mine is 021/300 :p