Review 1: Linde Werdelin Elemental - Initial Impressions of the watch

Discussion in 'Watch Reviews' started by jan_j, May 15, 2010.

1. jan_j

jan_j

Bronze Member
    My first 2 days with the watch - an my quick initial impressions of the watch.
    I received it Friday and went to the summerhouse for some grill and to have some time "alone" with the watch.

It is a Linde Werdelin Elemental watch - the initial standard model from Linde Werdelin - with no special features - just a plain simple dive watch with date.
    This was the model I have been looking at for some time - and the dial is special with some extra white writing on - not to much - just the right amount - this is the "same" watch as the LW "The One" - where "The One" has even less white writing on the dial.

Here are the "Elemental" and "The One" - side by side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The white writing on the dial - was the reason for me not selecting the LW Two-Timer - here there is just a little to much text on the dial for my taste.

[​IMG]

But back to my initial impressions of the LW Elemental watch - the complete package - more in detail reviews to come - so stay tuned.

The package - the box - Simple Box - nothing special - simple black box - "piano paint".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The watch - very nice watch - has a kind of "bling - bling" over it - the very polished sides invites fingerprints. The initial quality feeling is much better that Panerai and my Heure but not at the Rolex level.
    But the feeling is initial very good - nothing to worry about. And the crystal is very good - it almost feel like there is no glass in the watch - the dial jumps out and is VERY clear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The watch cont.- the finer details - the crown could be more easy to grasp - had some issues with it, and the crowns design almost cuts into your fingers - a very small detail - as I don't see the need to adjust this watch that often. And what I like the LW design is the "masculine look" - with the case design - so OK with the "masculine" crown ;-).

[​IMG]

The straps - Ok textile strap for a watch - nothing special - same quality as the standard strap delivered with a Panerai. The metal strap is also OK - but nothing special - I used some time in getting the metal strap to fit me with a hammer and some small nails - and it worked ok - so now I have a textile and a metal strap with deployment claps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Side by side shoot of the Watch with textile strap and metal strap.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Expect much more detailed review to come.
  2. daveathall

daveathall

Premium Member
    Wow, what a super watch, Ive not seen one for real but I like the industrial, no nonsense design of it, great review Jan, thank you very much for posting it and many congratulations on your new watch. :thumbsup:
  3. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Fantasic review, Jan! I enjoyed it very much! :thumbsup: Congrats on your new watch! :thumbsup:
  4. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Excellent review and pics, Jan! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing another :goodpost: