Review 3: Linde Werdelin - The Case, The Dial and The Strap.

Discussion in 'Watch Reviews' started by jan_j, May 15, 2010.

1. jan_j

jan_j

Bronze Member
    This is the real deal for me - the design of case and the dial is something very special and something I have not seen in many other watch brands.

The Case:

The very sharp edges on the case makes this watch a "tough" watch to look at - it looks masculine.
    The look of the case is what really makes the watch - I would say that the look with a "leather" strap on this watch makes it look like a AP royal Oak off-shore. And the strap fixture is also what makes this watch a easy to spot watch. It is what can be seen from a distance - also a nice design feature but also a feature that WORKS very well.
    One of the best strap changing functions in any watch - It will keep you strap IN place on the watch all the time. Not like the simple "metal" bars seen in most watches (Rolex MilSub not in this league).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Lumen:

The lume on the dial is very good - I have no seen the Rolex Deep Sea in real life with the lume - but the lume on the Linde Werdelin is very very good. And what I like is the lume on the rotating bezel - nice to have lume spots every 10 min on the bezel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Dial:

The dial is very glossy - and this together with the very good glass - makes the dial jump out. The dial is not that "big" when compared to the "big" case - see a side by side view of my Panerai 25C and my Elemental.

And when checking the Panerai 25C and my rolex and Panerai 1B - The dial is small compared to the other dials.
    The dial is "about" the same size as a rolex dial - but with some extra writing on.
    This extra writing on the dial is very nice - just about the right amount - much more and the dial is not possible to read.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The straps:

The metal strap is now my daily strap - it feels heavy and is heavy but feels very good. No problem with the strap pulling out my hairs on my arms.
    The quality of the strap is very good - it feels solid and well done - but the work involved in removing links could be much better.
    The integration of the metal strap to the watch case is second to none - I really think this is a super design - and after getting use to the extra weight - the watch with the metal strap now sits like a "glove" on my hand.
    With the textile strap - I get a very nice look - it complements the watch very nicely - it almost looks like a AP Royal Oak Off-Shore.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    Awesome looking watch! :worship:

Thanks for sharing this in-depth review! :thumbsup: :cheers:
  3. SSD

SSD

Premium Member
    Thanks for the excellent review and pics, Jan, congrats on your new watch! It is very handsome and looks tough. I have long wanted to see just such a review, only having factory website information until now.

One thing I noticed was the interesting caseback design. The flattened back profile looks quite comfortable.

Any thoughts on the movement yet, or is it too soon for you to have an opinion formed up?

:goodpost: Jan!
  4. loszabo

loszabo

Bronze Member
    Great review and awesome pictures!
  5. everose

everose

Bronze Member
    What an incredible design...Linde Werdelin is a very interesting company. :thumbsup:

Your review(s) is/are so comprehensive of a watch seldom discussed on watch forums......Thank you for your time and effort,.....it was an absolute pleasure to read. :goodpost:

I hear talk recently of LW replacing Omega as Bonds watch,(pure gossip,... i would imagine!!!)
    .........I cannot really see Swatch letting that happen,but it would be great to see him wearing a less well known and interesting brand such as LW.

:cheers: