Seiko 6309 faded dial

Discussion in 'Other Watch Brands' started by Krabong, May 15, 2011.

1. Krabong

Krabong

Bronze Member
    Hello,

I'm new here. I prefer Rolex / Tudor and I have an connection with the Speedmaster but hey... I love old Seiko dive watches.

At the moment I have one 6309 with a discolored dial... I love it and I want to share it with you:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The watch had service but I have the authentic parts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like nato straps but sometimes I wear it on a heavy Oyster with custom made end links:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thnx for your time!

With regards,

Roel
  2. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    That's an interesting one!

Never seen custom made endlinks on a Rolex Oyster bracelet before. Looks great on the Seiko!!

What vintage is that Seiko? 1970's?
  3. G.J.

G.J.

Silver Member
    Gotto get me a vintage Seiko, beautiful Roel :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  4. Krabong

Krabong

Bronze Member
    Seiko 6309's are produced between 1976 and 1988. I don't remember what year mine is. I will look for you later :thumbsup:

Rolex Oyster? No... no... :lol:

Seiko Super Oyster.... $ 68,- instead of 800$... :thumbsup::cheers:

[​IMG]

Here's a review:

http://www.rosswatchreview.com/?p=495

And a gentleman on ebay sells the whole package, including 6309 endlinks. I don't know of it's allowed to post the link here?

grtz, Roel
  5. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    LOL you had me going there for sure.:lol:

Thanks for the info and link.:thumbsup:
  6. Krabong

Krabong

Bronze Member
    Do you know Ronno a.k.a. Teunkwibus11 on the dutchforum? He's mr. 6309 and has stunning exeamples. Mint or rocked, colored dials, extreme rare references and lots of parts...

grtz, Roel
  7. Vincent65

Vincent65

Silver Member
    I like the look of it beaten up, best!
  8. G.J.

G.J.

Silver Member
    Hmm..doesn't ring a bell I am afraid..:dunno:
  9. Krabong

Krabong

Bronze Member
    Well... you know how to contact me... :thumbsup:

This was on a meeting, last summer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

grtz, Roel
  10. Dan Pierce

Dan Pierce

Silver Member
    So let me get this straight, Roel. You like Rolex/ Tudor, various Seiko's, and also a fan of nato straps?
    You and I, my friend, are muy simpatico.:thumbsup:
    Lovely example, btw.:rocker:
    dP
  11. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    What a great looking 6309, Roel! :worship: :worship:

You're welcome to post that link! :cheers:
  12. Krabong

Krabong

Bronze Member
  13. Ronno

Ronno

TKF Newbie
    Roel (Krabong) sent me the link to this thread and forum ;) :cheers:

I had a few Rolex watches, but my interest changed more and more towards the vintage Seiko divers. And more specific, the 6306 and 6309 divers! So here are some pics, hope you like it ;)

Ron

6306 on the right, 6309 on the left
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and some used 6309's on various straps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. Krabong

Krabong

Bronze Member
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thnx my friend.

Grtz, Roel
  15. daveathall

daveathall

Premium Member
    What a great thread!!!! :thumbsup: stunning photography and stunning watches, a real treat, thank you Roel. :thumbsup:
  16. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    I like the Seiko Roel!! Looks good.

John
  17. Watchreport DE

Watchreport DE

Silver Member
    :goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

love the Seiko divers :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  18. toxicavenger

toxicavenger

Bronze Member
    Nice 6309, I have a 6309 that a friend modded with a 7548 quartz movt. and dial. It only looses about 4 seconds a month! Soon it will get relumed, new sapphire crystal and maybe a new bezel insert.

The bracelet is a Oyster2 from WilliamJ with some custom hollow endlinks made by Swedefreak.

One of the best fitting watches I ever owned!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. Pete17

Pete17

Silver Member
    Great examples guys of some Seiko classics.:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing.
    :cheers:
  20. Polaroid

Polaroid

TKF Newbie
    First designed in 1978 from the brief New Balance owner Jim Davis gave his designers, the task was to create the very best running shoe that money could buy. The first 990 applied state of Fitflop Sale the art technology and materials created purely for runners: a dynamic and responsive three-part EVA midsole combined with a breathable urethane collar a durable leather upper.This technology made the 990’s original price Ray Ban Outlet point a step above the others. Set at $100, its three-figure asking price was unheard of at the time. While today, sneakers in the hundreds are just part of the game, at Cheap Ray Bans that time the 990’s price point carried cultural and social weight: either you were a serious runner who invested in their tools, or your salary was a cut above the rest. This Mbt Shoes cultural juxtaposition played out in the nickname the 990 earned on the streets—the DMV, standing for Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia, after the areas where it became popular among clientele that Christian Louboutin Shoes paid for the sneakers in nothing but cold, hard, untraceable cash. It was, and remains, the epitome of an understated yet verifiably gritty style that walks inner city streets to leafy suburban Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses sidewalks.
    With another week having passed, we are back with a selection of highlights from our series showcasing some of the best sneaker photos we came across on Instagram over the past Fitflops On Sale seven days. By now, “floating” kicks, killer collections, and shots of shoes dangling off buildings have become commonplace, but remain worth a look when done right.And whether it’s a glimpse at the Fitflop Sandals latest hype release, something super rare, or simply a stunning shot of a more common pair, we’re looking to bring you a look into how the creative community captures their favorite footwear, Christian Louboutin Outlet as well as highlighting some of Instagram’s biggest sneakerheads.This week’s selection of fine kicks were poppy, colorful, and dominated by the almighty Swoosh. Featuring shots of Sean Wotherspoon’s hugely popular Nike Air Christian Louboutin Max 1/97, the fierce atmos x Nike Air Max 1 “Animal,” as well as a number of silhouette’s from the now historic Virgil Abloh-designed “The Ten.” Amongst these, a pair of marbled MBT Sandals ASICS samples caught our eye, the timeless A Tribe Called Quest x Vans collaboration reared its head yet again, and one dedicated beer drinker transformed a pair of Nike Dunks into a Christian Louboutin Sale walking Heineken tribute.
    With the NBA playoffs fast approaching, Nike, Converse and Jordan Brand are gearing up for the occasion with the “Art of a Champion” sneaker collection.From to April to June, Ray Ban Sunglasses the Nike brand will work across its three labels to drop 16 pairs of sneakers, which as hoop Mbt Shoes Outlet fans will know, echo the 16 rounds that lead up to the NBA playoffs final.As seen below, each pair represents a specific player in Nike’s extended family and their groundbreaking moments in the game. Among those honored in the collection are LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Michael Jordan, and Ray Allen.With over a dozen Mbt Shoes Sale pairs to choose from, fans of the Swoosh will soon be able to get their hands on a variety of kicks from old-school silhouettes to new and improved, re-issued drops.Without further ado, Fitflops Clearance here’s a full look at Nike’s “Art of Champion” collection below.