Sri Lanka's tourism industry has witnessed a boom

Discussion in 'Vintage Rolex Watches' started by chitianshi520, Nov 9, 2018.

1. chitianshi520

chitianshi520

TKF Newbie
    COLOMBO, Nov. 30 (Xinhua) -- Chinese tourist arrivals to Sri Lanka are projected to grow by a further 10.2 percent in the coming six months, an official said here on Tuesday.

Jameson Wong, Director Business Development for the Asia-Pacific region at ForwardKeys, a travel data company, told the Asia Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference held here that the number of Chinese visiting Sri Lanka had grown by 29 percent in the year-to-date.

He said Russian travelers to Sri Lanka were also rising while the overall number of tourists visiting the island had grown at double the rate of international tourist arrivals to the Asia-Pacific region.

The two-day Asia Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference concluded in Colombo on Tuesday with several of Asia's leading hotel investors from 19 countries discussing the investment potential of Sri Lanka and other destinations around the Indian Ocean.

Data from ForwardKeys demonstrated that Sri Lanka had achieved a 12-percent growth in visitor arrivals by air during the past year, more than double that achieved by the Asia-Pacific region as a whole.

Several serious investors, including a delegation from China, expressed enthusiasm for opportunities in Sri Lanka, citing its tremendous variety of attractions, such as ancient temples, wild elephants and unspoilt beaches, all within close range of each other.

The Sri Lankan government, keen to attract international finance, announced a series of tourism development zones and President Maithripala Sirisena at the launch of the conference on Monday, promised the next three years, 2017-2019, would be investment years with special concessions to overseas investors.

Sri Lanka's tourism industry has witnessed a boom in the recent years following the end of a 30-year civil conflict in 2009, with India and China becoming the leading markets with the most number of tourist arrivals.

More than 20,000 Chinese tourists arrived in Sri Lanka last month, up 19.8 percent from the same period last year.

An estimated 1.8 million tourists arrived in Sri Lanka last year, contributing 2.98 billion U.S. dollars to the government revenues.

The government expects to attract at least 3 million tourists by the end of this year, and it has set a target of 4 million by 2020. Enditem

Architectural roll-out work is one of my specalities. You know a client needs a whole lot of the same building all over the place. Mostly this is restaurant architecture but in this case the client was a bank. One of the most interesting things about this type of work is when I get to do experiments Wholesale Jerseys From China , making variations in the building and comparing the results. This is the story of one of those experiments. I think you will find the results interesting.

It all started when I was designing a lot of banks in the Chicago area. These were retail branch banks about 4,100 square feet each. The first bank was in Deerfield IL and was built with good quality commercial construction. The building had a steel frame infilled with 6 inch metal studs, filled with 6 inch fiberglass insulation for the walls Wholesale Jerseys China , the roof was metal deck and bar-joist with 3 inches of insulation board. The second bank was in Wheaton IL about 20 miles away, so both building get the same weather. We only changed 3 elements, the buildings were other wise identical. One Wholesale Jerseys Cheap , the wall insulation was changed to foamed in place low density polyurethane, this changed the wall insulation value from about R-18 to about R-20 but the air infiltration into the building drops to almost nothing with the foam because it expands and sticks to everything. Two, we doubled the roof insulation from 3 inches to 6 inches Wholesale Discount Jerseys , increasing the insulation value from R-18 to R-36. Third, we changed the windows from 1 inch clear low-e sealed glass units to tinted low-e 1 inch sealed glass units. Each item was bid as an additive alternate so we could obtain hard numbers for what each item cost and not just rely on estimates. The foamed in place insulation in the walls cost an additional $9,150. The thicker roof insulation cost an additional $5 Wholesale Jerseys ,300. The tinted glazing cost an additional $3,800. The grand total for all three alternatives was $18,250 or put another way $4.45 a square foot. To complete the experiment I tracked the energy usage for a year and put together a comparison chart to ensure it was money well spent. You can judge for yourself Cheap NFL Football Jerseys , but I think the results are stunning. Gas consumption was cut by 62% and electrical consumption was cut by 25% that is a saving $5,090 in the first year. That is $424 a month every month.

People always ask the wrong question when it comes to energy conservation. They ask how long is the payback. The answer is about 3 years and 7 months. The correct question is what is the affect on cash flow, and the answer is $283 per month for 20 years then it jumps to $424 per month. What Cheap Football Jerseys , I am talking about is the fact that buildings are financed so $18,250 is borrowed and then paid back from cash flow, at 7% that is $141 a month for 20 years. $424 in savings take away $141 in dept payment is positive $283 a month. For this calculation I use $0.09 a kilowatt-hour and $1.00 a therm Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys , both prices have fluctuated above and below these averages but I don’t think it affects the out come on the experiment. Each of these three items thicker roof insulation, tinted glass and foam insulation are now standard for my buildings and with this hard date clients are easily convinced it is money well spent. One more thing the client allowed me to share this data but not their name. I hope you understand.

Burt Andrews is an Architect with over 20 years of experience in designing restaurants and retail stores. You can read more of his restaurant design ideas at his blog about restaurant architecture. He is a principal at Larson and Darby Group in. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Nike Jerseys