Testing a GMT Master II with Kello For The iPhone

Discussion in 'Watchmaker's Bench' started by Korean Cowboy, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Korean Cowboy

Korean Cowboy

Link

It's a great writeup about how he used the Kello to test the accuracy of his GMT-Master II...check it out! It's pretty awesome that you can do this with your iPhone...
  2. andrew

andrew

Bronze Member
    nice post kc but for test this tools he only using rolex watches and i didn't see any another brand for test this tools
    whether the tool can only be used on rolex watches brands only or can be use to test the watches from other brands??
  3. Restes Nek

Restes Nek

Bronze Member
    I haven't tried that App but I can tell you it works with all mechanical watches. All mechanical watch timers pick up the sound of the pallet locking and unlocking with a microphone and compare it against an internal reference signal. As long as the sound is loud enough it will read it. The problem is that the case will muffle the sound and that is why he got the best results when he held the watch against the phone. The reason that turning the sensitivity up will give you erroneous readings is that you will pick up other sounds and echos which will throw the readings off.
  4. andrew

andrew

Bronze Member

thanks about ur info
  5. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I bought the app a few years back. In my experience the results were all over the place. I don't recommend it. It's a really cool idea/concept, but that's about it.