u-boat new owner needs help !!!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by abed, May 13, 2014.

1. abed

abed

TKF Newbie
    Hi guys, my name is abed and I am from Norway. My wife was in Italy and she brought me back a U-boat watch as a gift even though that I usually were smaller new old-school looking watches. It was nice but I did not wear it because the straps were real leather. The paper she was given with it were not that confident inspiring, as I have read some of the threads, I have realized that the serial number is important, but no paper in the box says anything about a serial number. I need help to confirm if the watch is real or not, and to make it run again!

Because I am allergic to real leather, I did not wear the watch and forgot about it, I think it worked for 7 days then it stopped, almost 8 weeks later when the new custom straps arrived and I had them on, it would not start. I had it on a rotating machine in a watch shop for 2 days and it did not help. I usually wear battery driven clocks where you just pop the back and take out the battery, so my knowledge on these watches is very small. The guys at the shop did not really know much about the watch either and after I told them what my wife paid for it, they choose that it was too much responsibility for them to try to open it when they know absolutely nothing about the make or mark. The watch is a U-boat chrono limited edition 1000 B53-08 LI046m 5ATMINOX18/10 07XX or at least that what it says on the back. Can some of you help me to fix this extremely irritating and expensive problem?
  2. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Welcome to TKF and I apologize for the delayed response. Were you able to resolve the problem with your U-Boat watch?
  3. abed

abed

TKF Newbie
    thanks,
    not really no, but it is less of a problem since i have bought an old breitling but i can say that it would be really nice if i could get the thing to work or at least if could confirm that it is a real(orginal) watch so that i can sell it and use the money on something more usefull.
  4. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    If you can post a picture of the front and back of your U-Boat we'll be able to tell you if it's genuine or not. Unfortunately there are a lot of fake U-Boats out there.