Upset with Panerai Service!!! Where is my watch!

Discussion in 'Panerai Watches' started by WatchTimes, Jul 9, 2009.

1. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    OK
    I sent my 233 in around 3/15 as it was running fast and the warranty was about to run out. 3/30 I got a letter from Panerai saying they found a few issues they were not happy with & they would repair them all under warranty. I was told I would have my watch back "shortly"

A few days later I got a "Delay Letter" stating my watch would not be back till 6/30. Now were at 7/10 and still no watch and no word from Panerai.

The delay letter blamed the delay on certain parts not being available here in the US and them needing to be obtained overseas...

I am VERY upset!
    I want to write them a letter.
    Anyone have any suggestion as to what I should say and who
    I should make it attention to?

I own a 090, 233 & I just purchased a 26.
    I love how I can change the bands so easily and have fun with the watch
    BUT this is REALLY starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth for Panerai!

I have their Dallas address as that is their US service center and where I was instructed to send my watch but I want to send a copy of my complaint to anyone at Panerai that may actually care.
  2. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    That's too bad, Jeremy, I hate to hear this is happening to you. Panerai is known to have lousy service... even the die hard Paneristi admit to that.

There's a "Write To Us" link at the bottom of the Panerai Web site... that's probably where I'd send the complaint. I'd also make a seperate phone call to check on the progress of the service, just for peace of mind. :cheers:
  3. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    I will send something to that link but I have learned those usually just go to any regular customer service rep. I was wondering if anyone knew of a name or could suggest a title/position I send a postal letter and make it attn to .... at the Dallas service center or even better at Corp.

Those seem to get a little more action.

To be honest, this has really soured my taste towards anything with their inhouse movements. Yea I know many will say thats silly but just my feelings.
  4. T-R

T-R

Silver Member
    So sorry to hear that, Jeremy.
    BTW Congrats for your 26...Once again. Please post some pics...
  5. 116520

Bronze Member
    Jeremy, maybe you can print screen shots of this thread and send them together with the complaint letter? I think it will "add" pressure for them to get the job done for you ASAP!!!
  6. 116520

Bronze Member
    pictures of 26 or the complaint letter? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    You will see pics of the 26 when I get out the gloves
    get some good pics and post it for sale....

This may be the nail on the coffin for Panerai and me.
    I may still get a couple with the older ETA movements
    but I have about had it.

I was treated better and kept better informed when I sent a Casio
    in for service years ago...
  8. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I think maybe the problem is that Panerai doesn't have their own service center. It's shared among the rest of the Richmont Group watch lines.
  9. 116520

Bronze Member
    Instead of using speed post, are they using normal post to mail their parts from Italy? :thinking:

10. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    Using Google Maps on my iPhone I was able to get an accurate position of your Panerai parts. :banme: :lol:

[​IMG]
  11. 116520

Bronze Member
    That's a North Korean vessal!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. DSimon9

DSimon9

Premium Member
    Jeremy, I would call them first. Try to reach somebody at some level of responsibility. Manager and/or director and their supervisor's name and address. Obtain the repair status on your watch. Keep it all professional and don't loose your temper. At least try not to. It can be hard.

Write down names, dates, times, and most importantly addresses. Follow up your phone call with a letter. Not an email. In the letter explain objectively what has happened since the watch was sent for repairs. Send it registered mail, so there is evidence of them receiving the letter. If you like, follow up with an email as well. It has been my experience, company's are more likely to respond to complaint letters than phone calls and/or emails. Something about having a situation/conversation documented makes them nervous.

Remember the squeaky watch gear gets the oil.

Just my $0.02 worth.
  13. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    I have called and am always given the run around whenever I ask to speak to someone in charge hence why I want to send a postal letter....

I agree a big part of the problem is they no longer have their own service center...

Regardless this is no longer acceptable to me for a watch not even two years old in this price range.

When I sell my 233 someone will be getting a nice deal on a 233 that is more or less brand new....

Ill get a 243, 279 and 000. I know I can trust the ETA movement and anyone can get parts for and fix it.

Their in house push has pushed me away after this sampling of their customer service.
  14. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    I'm sorry to hear this, Jeremy. Hopefully, somehow, Panerai can make this right for you. :cheers:
  15. leopardprey

leopardprey

Silver Member
    Sorry to hear about the long delays Jeremy.

I had the exact opposite experience with my 233 though. So maybe it is a USA Panerai service issue?

When my 233 broke, I took it to the Panerai Service Center in Bangkok. Had a drop dead gorgeous receptionist sit me down and give me some fresh brewed Starbucks. Then they checked out the watch, and a tech came out to tell me he could fix and would be 2-3 weeks.

Just shy of three weeks, I get a call that my watch is ready and they can hand deliver it to me if I am still in Thailand, or I can come and pick up. I was just down the street so went to the service center. Watch was in working order and they had cleaned it, again had couple nice cups of coffee and talked for about an hour with the receptionist about watches. Then later took her out to dinner!

But, I agree, no more In-House movements for me. Too problematic.
  16. colemanitis

colemanitis

TKF Founder Staff Member
    What a player! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:
  17. Goldbug

Goldbug

Premium Member
    The double whammy of needing parts from overseas and having to deal with an outsourced repair. Sorry to hear you are having to deal with this as I know it is frustrating. I hope you hear something soon.

John
  18. SPACE-DWELLER

SPACE-DWELLER

Gold Member
    You could address the letter to Mr Hans Dekkers, brand manager of Panerai..

I met him during the Panerai Event
  19. WatchTimes

WatchTimes

Premium Member
    Bo
    I assume that is at their corp offices?

Thank you so much!

What really bothers me is I have more and more people Emailing me telling me this is
    the norm for Panerai in the US.... Someone sent me a message on another board about Panerai having their watch for 7 months??? I guess the only good that can come out of this is that the watch market MIGHT rebound a bit while they have my watch hostage.

Again, I am not turning into a Panerai hater BUT they have sent me down the path of their watches with ETA movements only. No more in house Panerai for me!!!!
  20. RW16610

RW16610

Silver Member
    Oh man, I am so sorry to hear this! Bad service seems to be too common with various brands but it all depends. This is just insane and do write that letter to him, call, both, whatever it takes. This is partly why my watches get sent to a local watch maker who can guarntee me a turn around time pretty much of 3 - 4 weeks. Keep us posted :cheers: